CBS Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBS Mock

There's no way the first round goes down that way. Peppers is a helluva player ... too similar to Jones and isa to be a first round need though. I'd be torn unless I was confident we'd use him right ... which I am hesitant. Passing on Cunningham would be brutal.

Peppers returning punts alone will win some games but I just don't see drafting him unless there's a plan. I can't see him just being a strong safety. Anyway if I must have a Michigan man, give me some Taco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peppers could fall that low?

Do you not think that he would be more suited to a Tampa2 defense and have a role similar to what Lynch did?

Peppers' versatility, physicality, and athletic ability would be welcome, but in that situation, I'm drafting Takkarist McKinley.

*should add the caveat: Combine is super important to McKinley, but I think he'll perform well.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 certain things in the NFL: Cleveland not having a winning season, and Cleveland always having at least 2 picks in the 1st round yet it never seems to make a difference.

The best comparison for Peppers in my vision is Troy Polamalu. That's how you'll utilize his skillset if you know what you're doing. In the box covering short and medium range crossers and buzzing the flats, and up close to the LOS as a blitzer. People forget Polamalu was also a LB/S hybrid early in his career at USC and that's how the Steelers used him.

The major difference being Peppers hasn't shown quite the ball skills of Polamalu or Bucannon in college. Bucannon spent much more time as a single high safety in deep coverage than Peppers ever has. I don't necessarily agree that he's the best comparison for Peppers.

Peppers is a gamechanging talent. We might have Reshad in house already but you find ways to fit talents like Peppers. At #22, very hard to pass up.

Jabril Peppers is an exceptional athlete, who does not play any offensive or defensive position exceptionally.

He's a Taylor Mays type.

Back
Top Bottom