CBSsports 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Five teams trade up, while the Jets move down twice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CBSsports 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Five teams trade up, while the Jets move down twice

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
From what I am reading here, we give them the 22nd pick and 5th rd selection for the 26th and a 3rd rd pick. There is no way I do that trade. We should get the 26th pick, a 3rd and we should not have to give up anything but the 22nd. But this sounds exactly like something stupid that Tannenbaum would do.

[h=3]TRADE: 22. Seattle Seahawks (from Miami)[/h]

[h=3]26. Miami Dolphins (from Seattle)[/h]Top needs: OLB, DT, FS, G

Jarrad Davis , LB, Florida Gators : If they stay at No. 22, the Dolphins could have their pick between Davis and Cunningham. If they have a significantly higher grade on one or the other, moving down might not make sense. But either should be a quality starter for the Dolphins, who also brought in Lawrence Timmons this offseason, so it’s worth turning one of their three fifth-round picks into one of Seattle’s three third-round picks in a move down. Davis could project at any of the three linebacker spots but would likely play on the strong side initially for Miami.

jarrad-davis-florida.jpg

The Dolphins should keep Davis in the state of Florida. USATSI
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...eams-trade-up-while-the-jets-move-down-twice/

Last edited by a moderator:
That trade and drafting Jarrad Davis works for me.

Who are you reasonably hoping for at 22, finomenal?

Who are you reasonably hoping for at 22, finomenal?

I want Nkoju. :lol:

As for the other prospects, I'm not sure. I'm not educated enough on most of the prospects. If Njoku isn't there, I want the best available front 7 defender or a CB/FS type. We need secondary help just as badly. It's a passing league. We have to be able to stop the pass, especially with Brady in the AFC East.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Nkoju. :lol:

As for the other prospects, I'm not sure. I'm not educated enough on most of the prospects. If Njoku isn't there, I want the best available front 7 defender or a CB/FS type. We need secondary help just as badly. It's a passing league. We have to be able to stop the pass, especially with Brady in the AFC East.

LOL! I am with you. I am not educated enough to know on my own, but from what I read about Njoku it will take a little time for him to learn. I think his ceiling is very high. If we, as fans, are patient, I think he could be a major difference maker for us down the road. Let him learn blocking from Fasano and route running from Thomas this year, and if Thomas doesn't pan out, cut him loose next year after Njoku has a year under his belt.

I'd be okay with a trade down netting Davis. I'd like Cunningham too. I still want us to add a LB early despite our other options / needs at DE / G / S (reddick definitely will be gone, so Cunningham, Davis, and McMillian are my top choices). I think I would take that trade of a third and lose a fifth for sure. I know we like to hoard the late rounders but an extra third would be nice

Back
Top Bottom