Celtics dreaming of Dwight Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Celtics dreaming of Dwight Howard

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The lockout could be a game-changer in Boston's chances of landing Dwight Howard. For weeks, I have not wavered from my belief that Howard will never wear the Green and White, at least not in these prime years of his career. And the reason is simple. If the Orlando Magic can't re-sign him at some point during the 2011-2012 season, they will surely trade him to the highest bidder. And the Celtics don't have enough attractive chips to be a real player in the Howard sweepstakes. But if there's no 2011-2012 season, that is what we would call a game-changer in the pursuit of Howard. He could terminate his contract and thus become a free agent next summer. This would rob the Magic of having an opportunity to move him and get something in return this upcoming season.

Even if the Celtics had the pieces, the Magic would surley trade him to the west regardless.

i don't think i want howard for what he'd cost boston to get him...marginal offensive game player who can't shoot free throws...you better surround him with some high level talent or you can nullify his impact in the postseason when the teams with the best bigs are usually still playin

The NEW CBA will prevent the same few teams from stockpiling all the good players.

Even if the Celtics had the pieces, the Magic would surley trade him to the west regardless.

While he doesn't have an official no trade clause, if Dwight refuses a sign-and-trade then that's just as good as a no trade clause. No one is going to give up significant pieces to rent Dwight for a year. The Magic will have to work with him if they want anything of value back for him.

But that's not the point of the article anyway. If there is no season then Dwight will go wherever he wants anyway.

Forget all that... Howard needs to stay with the Magic, period... The Magic need him and he should know it.
Even if there are rumors & crap going on about him... He is the Best player the Magic have. No way on them letting him go if they are smart about it.

Back
Top Bottom