Chad Henne performance clouded by drops | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne performance clouded by drops

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought Henne dumped off underneath too much. He didn't move the team. I'll give him credit for 3 dropped passes, 1 by Hartline and 2 by Marshall, and thank goodness, Ricky dropped that pathetic dumpoff screen. He had plenty of time to throw downfield and he played well into the second quarter, but time after time he threw underneath. Overall a below average performance. Just like last years 12 TD 14 INT performance.

This was a very ridiculous statement.

Yea it kind of struck a nerve with me too...I suppose the OP would like us to stick Thigpen in as the starter because he NEVER checks down and ALWAYS goes for the deep ball huh? Because thats just much more exciting to watch, regardless of how it turns out. This post is babble.

I guess we should've drafted drew brees, and turn this into a drew brees thread.

I think he actually played pretty well... Everyone keeps saying he played bad because he went 5 of 9 for only 19 yards (I think it was 19) but if Brandon Marshal catches those very catch-able passes (the second drop was especially well thrown it was right in his hands with a bit of touch in wide open field) and if Hartline catches the one pass he dropped although admittedly his wasn't as well thrown, it becomes 8 of 11 (which is 73%) for about 60 yards and that's not including the potential yac that BM is exalted for. Furthermore on of those checkdowns was a pass to Ricky Williams for no gain, but on that play there was a blitzer that came in untouched. The fact that he got off a pass and gave his running back a chance to make a play instead of succumbing to the pressure given he only had about a second is pretty good...

I'll take 8/11 for 60 yards in the first preseason game in a rainy and muddy field any day!

How moronic of our coaching staff to not let Chad Henne show off all of our best offensive plays in week one of pre-season.

Seriously. Base offense and defense last night. Chad was fine, the conditions sucked, can we not go crazy after the first pre-season game?

Henne is a ham and egger.. I know everyone wants to believe that he is the answer but I think his flaws are not correctable.

He has suspect deep ball accuracy, touch, and pocket presence.

:quiet: OMG

4k8y35-1.jpg

Henne is a ham and egger.. I know everyone wants to believe that he is the answer but I think his flaws are not correctable.

He has suspect deep ball accuracy, touch, and pocket presence.

I'm noticing a trend with your posts.

They all suck.

I did attack your argument. It sucks.

support your claims with proof please.

suspect deep ball accuracy? its not one hundred percent but its not bad either. when your only deep threat does nothing but drop balls your percentage will suffer.

touch is something that is easily corrected and according to reports his touch has improved.

pocket presence perhaps you should define because most would say his presence is fine. he stands firm to make his pass even with someone in his face.

I did attack your argument. It sucks.

support your claims with proof please.

suspect deep ball accuracy? its not one hundred percent but its not bad either. when your only deep threat does nothing but drop balls your percentage will suffer.

touch is something that is easily corrected and according to reports his touch has improved.

pocket presence perhaps you should define because most would say his presence is fine. he stands firm to make his pass even with someone in his face.

You're right... he doesn't have any issues with the aforementioned.

His deep ball accuracy, touch, and pocket presence are of no concern.

I feel better already.

You're right... he doesn't have any issues with the aforementioned.

His deep ball accuracy, touch, and pocket presence are of no concern.

I feel better already.

Way to back up your arguments with proof. You have now established amazing credibility. Bravo

Back
Top Bottom