Chad Henne performance clouded by drops | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne performance clouded by drops

I didn't see improved touch last night. In fact I saw the same Qb from last year, albeit we only saw a little over one quarter.

Henne locks onto his main target, if that guy is not open he'll dump-off. If the dump-off is covered, or there is no dump-off he panics. It's the same story each time.

He doesn't go through all his reads, he doesn't pumpfake, shift a safety with his head/eyes, and his throwing motion is long. He's the equivalent of a closer with one pitch, a fastball.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but that's all that they are and should always be accompanied by an "IMO" Me, I'd rather trust the informed opinions of successful QBs, and sundry folks closely associated with the game than with fellow fans 3000 miles removed from the action.

haters_gonna_hate-1.gif

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen plenty of times when he has gone through all of his reads then dump down. Sometimes you don't hav e time to go through every read if there's pressure.

So you're telling me that a safety can see the QB's eyes from 20-30 yards down the field through his mask and he is basing his position on that. LOL right

Sure no pump fake, and you think that's something that can't be integrated into his game? You can only work on correcting so much at once. Henne is young and he has plenty of time to learn.

Way to back up your arguments with proof. You have now established amazing credibility. Bravo

Theres no sense arguing with that guy, he is one of the most notorious "Doom and Gloomer"s on FH. They say outlanding things, that way if something completely outrageous happens and they become "correct", then they can say "I told you so" to the entire forum. It's not worth your breath, they just look at the negatives.

Theres no sense arguing with that guy, he is one of the most notorious "Doom and Gloomer"s on FH. They say outlanding things, that way if something completely outrageous happens and they become "correct", then they can say "I told you so" to the entire forum. It's not worth your breath, they just look at the negatives.

You would seem to be correct sir.

I can't believe all the doom and gloom posts after just one preseason game. It's like everyone is in hibernation during the offseason and when we don't obliterate another team we suck and need to cut everyone. Ridiculous.

I did see some inaccuracy in the medium to long range passes last year. Specifically against Tenn., he was off the mark when he threw into the endzone. When playing from behind, he's not a great choice to carry the team. He also had trouble against the Texans and Pittsburg. Each of the last four games, he was asked to play from behind the flaws bla bla and Palma mentioned did appear. Not good pocket awarness, rushes passes and doesn't give his receivers time to get open when he has protection, poor peripherial vision and does lock on to a receiver. I love Henne to death, he really has great zip on the ball, but his accuracy and touch are suspect...so far he is average.

I thought Henne looked pretty good..He hit his Wr's in there hands..Its pretty rare for Marshall and Hartline to have 3 drops in the first quarter..

I didnt like the way he was throwing the short balls..They were too low..Looked to me like he was trying way to hard to throw the ball soft..The pass where the pass flutterd out of his hands was really bad..But that was more to do with the weather than anything else...

If your a dolphin fan and your panicing off of that game..or if your a rival fan and wanna point to that game as to whats going to happen in the future you have another thing coming...

The Dolphins are for real ...

I did see some inaccuracy in the medium to long range passes last year. Specifically against Tenn., he was off the mark when he threw into the endzone. When playing from behind, he's not a great choice to carry the team. He also had trouble against the Texans and Pittsburg. Each of the last four games, he was asked to play from behind the flaws bla bla and Palma mentioned did appear. Not good pocket awarness, rushes passes and doesn't give his receivers time to get open when he has protection, poor peripherial vision and does lock on to a receiver. I love Henne to death, he really has great zip on the ball, but his accuracy and touch are suspect...so far he is average.

Henne played his best football when coming from behind. I'm no Henne fan, but I've criticized him for being the exact opposite of what you are saying, and given that Henne brought us back from many deficits last year, only then to blow it, I don't think you're basing your critique on reality.

Henne played his best football when coming from behind. I'm no Henne fan, but I've criticized him for being the exact opposite of what you are saying, and given that Henne brought us back from many deficits last year, only then to blow it, I don't think you're basing your critique on reality.

What's your assessment of Henne's performance? What type of ceiling do you think he has?

Basing a performance off a 10 play or so playbook of the most basic plays we have, not to mention in HORRIBLE weather (especially when Henne was in, it was pouring out). Henne is going to be fine and is going to be a really good QB this year.

Henne can be a GREAT QB eventually. His ceiling is as high if not higher then any of the other young QB's in the league.

I thought Henne dumped off underneath too much. He didn't move the team. I'll give him credit for 3 dropped passes, 1 by Hartline and 2 by Marshall, and thank goodness, Ricky dropped that pathetic dumpoff screen. He had plenty of time to throw downfield and he played well into the second quarter, but time after time he threw underneath. Overall a below average performance. Just like last years 12 TD 14 INT performance.

Epic fail thread where is the facepalm when he needs it..........
I am sorry our receivers dropped three well thrown balls in rainy muddy conditions, he should have been 8-11 for some nice yardage esp that one to B-Marsh in the open field with room to run.... Jump on the thygpen wagon why don't ya see how far that gets ya oh wait it will end like the Steelers game last yr with multiple picks.. Henne is in his 2nd year dude, he will progress. This thread is as bad as the guys last year saying Pat White should start....

Why is it, that the minute someone dares to be critical of Henne, all the Fanbois (and there's plenty of them on here) jump up in arms and attack the poster ?

Look, just because you are yet to be convinced that Henne is the next great thing doesn't mean you are not a Dolphins fan or wouldn't be overjoyed for him to show us he is.

Fact of the matter is, he's got a huge amount to prove, and this is the year he has to prove it, no more excuses. I'm hoping he'll do that, but the Bucs game was not a good start, we need to see big improvement between now and the start of the season, to be confident of a good year.

Why is it, that the minute someone dares to be critical of Henne, all the Fanbois (and there's plenty of them on here) jump up in arms and attack the poster ?

Look, just because you are yet to be convinced that Henne is the next great thing doesn't mean you are not a Dolphins fan or wouldn't be overjoyed for him to show us he is.

Fact of the matter is, he's got a huge amount to prove, and this is the year he has to prove it, no more excuses. I'm hoping he'll do that, but the Bucs game was not a good start, we need to see big improvement between now and the start of the season, to be confident of a good year.

Criticizing Henne and devoting every post to bashing him regardless of whether the situation warrants it or not is totally different. Criticizing Henne for the Bucs game is laughable to say the least. He had good touch on the few throws downfield. It's not his fault the WR's dropped 3 balls, and the RB's two more. It's not his fault the couple screens he threw had awful blocking. If only he threw it down field every time like Thigpen, then maybe he'd be as terrible a QB as Thigpen.

I'm just hoping to see you, bla bla bla and the rest eat crow after the season. Personally, I'm not expecting it, especially from a guy like bla bla bla who specializes in throwing **** at the wall and hoping to say I told you so if it sticks.

Back
Top Bottom