Champion's League 1/4Finals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Champion's League 1/4Finals

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
Any prediction on who will go through to the semi-finals?

Chelsea(ENG) - Arsenal(ENG)......I think Arsenal's luck will run dry. they are on a great run of form but can't win every game, can they? It is also hard to sweep teams you see so often, so the law of averages tells me Chelsea is due for a result against the London rivals.

Deportivo La Coruna(ESP) - AC Milan(ITL)......Deportivo is a very good team but are struggling domestically and may not have the fire power to break down the great Italian defense, althought Nesta picked up an injury and his status will be interesting. I pick Milan to go ahead in a typical low scoring Italian affair.

Real Madrid(ESP) - AS Monaco(FRA)......Monaco are a very strong team and have some attacking flair with players like Giuly and MOrientes but even with a weakened defense I feel Madrid is capable ofwalking over the principality. Of all the fixtures, this one
seems to be the easiest to predict. But you never know, which is why they play the games!

FC Porto(POR) - Olympique Lyon(FRA).....Next to Chelsea - Arsenal, I think this will be the most entertaining fixture. Both teams are attack minded and neither will be intimidated by the other. This could be a classic attacking matchup with speed and creativity all over the field. I like Porto's defense, but Lyon have more weapons offensively. Whoever is at the top of their game on each matchday will come out on top. I think Lyon just have that extra bit of pace and creativity so I pick them, but his is close.

So I think Chelsea to meet Madrid, and Milan to meet Lyon.

Once the Semis are determinedI will pick my winners...hahaif I had to pick a winner right now I would go with MIlan, but a lot can change....

The Chelsea - Arsenal game is interested. Chelsea never beats Arsenal, and Arsenal never wins in Europe, so something has to give. However, I am going to say that Arsenal will win because even though it is Champions League, they aren't leaving the country.

I agree with you on Milan and Real Madrid. I don't really know much about Lyon so I'm not going to predict that one.

Ice my friend if you ever get a chance to see Lyon try and watch them. Juhninho, Govou, Elber, and Lyondula(sp???) are VERY entertaining. They are a very fast team with speed all over the pitch. They are one of the best kept secrets in Europe. Govou and Lyondoula were both recently called up to the French senior side, the same game Saha made his debut.

The French league is very good. Auxerre are a BRILLIANT side but will be ripped apart after the seson. Last season they lost Fahdiga to Inter and this season they are primed to lose Djbril Cissé to Liverpool, Kapo to Juventus and Phillip Mexes to the highest bidder(thought to be Man Utd) and Jean-Alain Boumsong to Rangers, after turning down Liverpool and a few other high profile clubs. They are selling great young players to the cream of the crop clubs allover Europe.

ESPN2 is showing Chelsea vs. Arsenal live on Wednesday March 24th at 2:30 PM EST. It's probably the best matchup in this round so I'm not disapointed.

Real Madrid makes my skin crawl.

It will probably be Real Madrid winning it all even thought I hope they fall short and lose. I would love to see Chelsea get the job done. It will be Arsenal, AC Milan, Freaking Real Madrid, and FC Porto. With Real winning the whole thing over Milan if that works out.:mad: What a dissappointmen Bayern Munchen was and Come on FC Barcelona lets get back to dominance again.

:lol: As much as I'd like to see it, Real Madrid won't win.

When they meet up with a team like Arsenal or AC Milan, they will get their asses kicked.

I hope your happy :lol:

Re: Real Madrid makes my skin crawl.

Originally posted by McGahee Nation
It will probably be Real Madrid winning it all even thought I hope they fall short and lose. I would love to see Chelsea get the job done. It will be Arsenal, AC Milan, Freaking Real Madrid, and FC Porto. With Real winning the whole thing over Milan if that works out.:mad: What a dissappointmen Bayern Munchen was and Come on FC Barcelona lets get back to dominance again.

Barca tied Celtic today 0-0 and failed to advance to the Quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup. However, Barca has started to play a lot better lately and are now in third in la liga. I think Barca will be back in the Champions League next year.

Re: Re: Real Madrid makes my skin crawl.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Barca tied Celtic today 0-0 and failed to advance to the Quarterfinals of the UEFA Cup. However, Barca has started to play a lot better lately and are now in third in la liga. I think Barca will be back in the Champions League next year.

AC Milan will win it all. They have been playing lights out in the Italian League ever since they got rid of their distraction (Rivaldo) in the beginning of the season. They're record is 21-wins 5-draws 1-loss. Thats freakin' incredible when you realize that they're playing against teams like Roma, Juventus, Inter, Lazio. Arsenal is still undefeated in the English Premier, but I think they'll lose to Real Madrid in the semifinals of the CHampionsLeague.

And yes I also think Barcelona is the most underestimated up and coming firepower that will explode back on the scene again. They're 10-wins 1-draw in the last 11 Spanish League games. I recorded their UEFA cup game vs. Celtic and was real surprised it ended in a draw. Ive never seen a team dominate a game so much without being able to stick it the net. They won't catch Real this season, but without a spot in CHampionsLeague, eliminated from UEFA Cup, out of the race in Spanish Primera, and a no-invitation to this summer's U.S. Champions Tour... they will without a doubt sign 1 or maybe 2 more huge world-class players for next season to they're already powerhouse team, and they'll reign again.

Will ESPN show a match of the second leg of the ChampionsLeague quarterfinals next week?

Re: Re: Re: Real Madrid makes my skin crawl.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

AC Milan will win it all. They have been playing lights out in the Italian League ever since they got rid of their distraction (Rivaldo) in the beginning of the season. They're record is 21-wins 5-draws 1-loss. Thats freakin' incredible when you realize that they're playing against teams like Roma, Juventus, Inter, Lazio. Arsenal is still undefeated in the English Premier, but I think they'll lose to Real Madrid in the semifinals of the CHampionsLeague.

And yes I also think Barcelona is the most underestimated up and coming firepower that will explode back on the scene again. They're 10-wins 1-draw in the last 11 Spanish League games. I recorded their UEFA cup game vs. Celtic and was real surprised it ended in a draw. Ive never seen a team dominate a game so much without being able to stick it the net. They won't catch Real this season, but without a spot in CHampionsLeague, eliminated from UEFA Cup, out of the race in Spanish Primera, and a no-invitation to this summer's U.S. Champions Tour... they will without a doubt sign 1 or maybe 2 more huge world-class players for next season to they're already powerhouse team, and they'll reign again.

Will ESPN show a match of the second leg of the ChampionsLeague quarterfinals next week?

ESPN is showing Arsenal vs. Chel$ea next week on Tuesday at 2:30. ESPN usually doesn't show both the first and second leg of a match, but they made a very good decision by deciding to show this one. In the other 3 matches, one team is leading the other by at least 2 goals, and I highly doubt that Lyon, Monaco, and Deportivo will be able to overcome and advance to the semis.

Back
Top Bottom