Champions League Final | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Champions League Final

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Champions League final is this Wednesday. It will be on TV at 2:30 PM EST on ESPN2. In a final that no one could have predicted at the start of the season, Monaco will be playing Porto for the right to call themselves the Champions of Europe.

Why does it take so long for the finals to be played? I remember the semis being a couple of weeks ago. This is something I have never understood, please enlighten me Ice.

Prime Time said:
Why does it take so long for the finals to be played? I remember the semis being a couple of weeks ago. This is something I have never understood, please enlighten me Ice.

It's called league play. Teams have other stuff to worry about besides the Champions League. During the whole competition, you always see the Champions League go away for a few weeks. The Champions League even took a two month break between the group stage and the round of 16. By waiting, it gives teams time to worry about their league games, and for the final, it gives them extra time to prepare. The semis were only played 3 weeks ago I believe. This isn't like College Bowl games where teams do nothing for the 4-5 weeks between their last regular season/conference championship game and their bowl game.

Back
Top Bottom