Chance Warmack! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chance Warmack!

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Chance Warmack is considered one of the very best prospects in this years draft, who has dropped due to positional value.

That position though is one of our weakest. Taking Warmack would improve 2 positions, allowing Incognito to slide back to his best position of RG. It would also allow Jerry to compete where he prefers and maybe where best at RT.

It would also set us up for 2014 as both Cog & Jerry are both FA and do not fit the ZBS.

Granted he may be gone before we pick, but the arguments against taking Warmack were all being said when rumour was we were targeting Pouncey. During a recent draft do-over, Pouncey was still considered the best pick for us. The idea of putting Warmack in between Pouncey and Martin, would set our line for years to come. If we can win in the trenches and be a threat on the ground, it would open up the play-action and boot leg so much for Ryan Tannehill.

IMO a threat on the ground would open up the D far more than a situational threat like Austin.

at 12? you nailed it - that position just doesn't draft high. so why not trade down and still get him?

I would not be upset with the pick. Many on here would freak out but people are calling him potentially the best player in the draft. If he's the next Larry little or Dwight Stephenson you take the guy and start knocking the hell out of people.

I dont think he is even the best guard in the draft.

I think its going to be warmack as well, and I hope this will be the last of us drafting OL high every year.

Chance Warmack. Great player, but so was David DeCastro, who slid all the way to 24 last year.

Both Warmack and Cooper rate out higher than Decastro. Also, don't forget there were a lot of really good players last year causing Decastro to fall - not the case this year. I love the idea of getting Cooper or Warmack if we stay put or even drop down a few spots. That interior line blocking is crucial for the run game, especially extending drives on 3rd and short. Pro Bowler Cog next to should be Pro Bowler Pouncey next to probable Pro Bowler Cooper/Warmack would be nasty. Lets see Wilfork get through that.

I would only draft OG in a trade down. Both Cooper and Warmack are special players. Cooper better because he can play center at elite level too.

Warmack looked great in the National Championship game against Notre Dame. He was throwing their D-lineman around, and blew up Manti Te'o a couple times. I think Larry Warford, OG, from Kentucky in round two is where I would go if we take a Guard early on. I want Eifert or Austin to give us a killer offensive threat first....but Warmack is definitely a solid instant starter wherever he goes.

Between Cooper and Warmack I think Cooper is a better scheme fit. That said, if you need to get 1-yard to win a game you run behind Warmack. Guy thoroughly dominated every time I watched Alabama. Wouldn't mind the pick, especially when you consider the quality DT's that are in the AFC East.

Between Cooper and Warmack I think Cooper is a better scheme fit. That said, if you need to get 1-yard to win a game you run behind Warmack. Guy thoroughly dominated every time I watched Alabama. Wouldn't mind the pick, especially when you consider the quality DT's that are in the AFC East.

I do agree that if u looked at both players combine numbers, Cooper fits scheme far better, but if you look at game tape, Warmack could play in any scheme and IMO will go to numerous Prob Bowls.

A left side of Martin-Warmack-Pouncey would allow Tannehill to run the boot leg as teams would be so fearful of us running to our left.

Back
Top Bottom