Change "Suck For Luck" to "Luck Sucks"!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Change "Suck For Luck" to "Luck Sucks"!!

Oradeana

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've seen LUCK before, and solid "competition", and I watched LUCK for about 85% of the game against OREGON, and I was impressed...BADLY!

1) He makes poor decisions, like everyone else. I don't know what he's thinking--or seeing--sometimes, especially against a good opponent.

2) He doesn't handle pressure well at all, especially considering he has "tools" to do so. (E.g., his mobility) And then he panics, and makes mistakes beyond even stupidity.

3) Half of his passes "flutter", and while he has enough "arm strength", that flutter makes his passes harder to handle. That's too big an advantage to give a CB at the next level, especially on one throw that a very good NFL QB MUST be able to make: the 20 yard "out" to the wide side of the field.

4) His "deep ball" isn't much at all.

I will watch LUCK in whatever Bowl Game STANFORD goes to: that should provide another game against solid competition. But I'm beginning to wonder about LUCK. I think back to PHIL SIMMS' recent analysis of LUCK's "game", and find myself agreeing w/him more and more.

he didn't play well and its a little concerning especially this one of the times he played aganist a decent defense. Miami if they have to take a shot at him even if he a bust, there is no way they cannot take him and be able to sell tickets.

Its almost like they are in a lose lose situation he might not be the 2nd coming of Elway but you just have to make the leap, but its going to burn if he does suck when he gets the pro's. No one knows this and if they claim to they are clueless

Wow lol. Bad decisions? No college QB who calls his own plays makes too many bad decisions out else he rides the bench.

lucks problem at stanford is when they face a team with elite athletes at wr the stanford group can't win consistently...pretty much luck is left trying to make plays with his te's and the running game...i do know the post pattern off the outside than back inside move to whalen for the td i think it was the timing of that ball could not have been better...that play from at the los presnap thru the catch was textbook...couldn't have been done better...and it was a rope

this is the same concern i talked with magoo about after the usc game...when the stanford cardinal play against teams who can limit the running game and press man the wrs ie lsu or bama etc they are gonna be in trouble...cause the wrs are pretty much pedestrian at lucks disposal...

lucks problem at stanford is when they face a team with elite athletes at wr the stanford group can't win consistently...pretty much luck is left trying to make plays with his te's and the running game...i do know the post pattern off the outside than back inside move to whalen for the td i think it was the timing of that ball could not have been better...that play from at the los presnap thru the catch was textbook...couldn't have been done better...and it was a rope

this is the same concern i talked with magoo about after the usc game...when the stanford cardinal play against teams who can limit the running game and press man the wrs ie lsu or bama etc they are gonna be in trouble...cause the wrs are pretty much pedestrian at lucks disposal...

So, that means if we had him, we would still have the same problems?
In the Pro's, he will be seeing better defenses than he has ever faced in his life, and the includes taking away his running game. He hasn't seen many great defenses to date, but he will at the next level. Pretty much every weekend.

So, that means if we had him, we would still have the same problems?
In the Pro's, he will be seeing better defenses than he has ever faced in his life, and the includes taking away his running game. He hasn't seen many great defenses to date, but he will at the next level. Pretty much every weekend.

it means the wrs he plays with right now blow when faced up with high end competition...i don't think our wrs blow...he'll make plays with them...montgomery the freshman has some talent but he's raw and he's not special anyways whalen is more a route runner who makes plays off the timing of the throws from luck and will never outrun anyone...owusus garbage

forgot to mention the ball luck threw b/t the safety and corner in the tight red for another td that ball was pure money...saw it roped it split the defenders 6 points...that was an nfl throw...can't say enough how money this kids in the red zone...something we struggled mightily with henne

it means the wrs he plays with right now blow when faced up with high end competition...i don't think our wrs blow...he'll make plays with them...montgomery the freshman has some talent but he's raw and he's not special anyways whalen is more a route runner who makes plays off the timing of the throws from luck and will never outrun anyone...owusus garbage

forgot to mention the ball luck threw b/t the safety and corner in the tight red for another td that ball was pure money...saw it roped it split the defenders 6 points...that was an nfl throw...can't say enough how money this kids in the red zone...something we struggled mightily with henne

Well, no. It was still a collegiate throw, against a very mediocre defense.

I like Luck, but even your posts are starting to point out EXACTLY what I have been saying all along.

He might be great, but until he actually plays against some good defenses, we don't know squat. To date, he has played very few solid defenses, and that is only at the collegiate level. You have been around long enough to know that LOTS of guys make great throws in College only to see they can't do jack-squat at the next level. I'm not saying Luck is "That guy" because, although I have seen over a dozen games of his, I still haven't seen him play against enough good defenses. These Ducks still have the 26th defense...not a top 10 or even 20, but 26th. I would expect him to shred it.

most college qbs don't even see that play let alone execute it...i think no i'm very confident that the wrs and the offense as a whole not featuring the wrs are holding luck back from making more plays...and when he gets more talent in the pros at the position he'll fare just fine...

i'm not gonna let one game vs oregon where i thought he played solid anyways minus a few late decision throws offset 2 years worth of college tape and change anything...

i'm all in

most college qbs don't even see that play let alone execute it...i think no i'm very confident that the wrs are holding luck back from making more plays...and when he gets more talent in the pros at the position he'll fare just fine...

i'm not gonna let one game vs oregon where i thought he played solid anyways minus a few late decision throws offset 2 years worth of college tape and change anything...

i'm all in

So, 2 years of tape against very bad defenses sells you?

Ever see tape of Timmy Chang? That kid could thread a football through the eye of a needle, and did it often!

Lets wait and see how he looks against another solid defense (Oregon is NOT a solid defense)

i'm not holding my breath for him to make a bunch of vertical plays with the wrs against a high end defense team...stanford knows what butters their bread and its the te's the running game and pa off the running game...they know their wrs lack substance...they'll try and play to their strenghts regardless of opponent

Confessor, your basic argument is that you don't know how to evaluate the QB position - how to differentiate A. Luck from J. Chang - so NO ONE ELSE should be able to evaluate it either. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Back
Top Bottom