Chargers back to San Diego? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers back to San Diego?

It was always a dumb idea to move both teams. LA barely cared about one NFL team when they had one back in the day, what would possess the NFL to think it was a good idea to move TWO teams there?

Out of control hubris at its finest.

It really is pathetic that they couldn't pack a stadium of 30K. And that was the opener... Imagine later in the season. It will be a high school crowd. The main problem in SD was the stadium. It was rotten, decayed. And neither side wanted to give an inch. It would be great if the Spanos sold to an owner who would be willing to front more money for a new stadium in SD. The Chargers don't feel the same without San Diego.

I don't care where they play, they will always be the San Diego Chargers to me.

I lived in SD for a long time and went to a lot of Chargers games back in the Fouts days and following.

I was a Navy DI at the time and we did some of the Halftime shows which allowed us to watch those games for free. Loved being on the field and around the players...got to shake Dan Marino's hand who came up to me and surprised me.

I feel bad for SD...the stadium was great and their fans were great to be around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ial-says-team-is-not-going-back-to-san-diego/

Unnamed Chargers official says team is “not going back” to San Diego

An unnamed Chargers official has given Ian Rapoport of NFL Media a more clear position on the matter: “We’re not going back.”

The fans don't want them back either.

Sad. I feel like they belong in SD. The team just had a different vibe. Maybe its because I'm fond of San Diego the city, but not I just have no interest in the LA team.

I bet the fans would welcome them back if they came back with their hats in their hands, and apologized. Humility can heal.

Back
Top Bottom