Chargers 'disappointed' on Measure C, process Trump | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chargers 'disappointed' on Measure C, process Trump

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...gers-stadium-donald-trump-20161109-story.html

Mike McCoy did not avoid the subject Wednesday morning, the head coach addressing the results of the Chargers’ proposed downtown stadium project in his first team meeting since immediately following Sunday’s win over the Titans.
The team was victorious this week.
Measure C was not.
However predictably, it’d been voted down, he told players. It garnered just 43 percent of votes, well short of the required two-thirds majority for it to pass and the franchise’s secondary goal, a simple majority, which could have proven workable in courts.
Quickly, McCoy’s message to the team shifted.
“We’re disappointed in it,” McCoy said. “But from a players’ and coaches’ perspective, our No. 1 focus is the Miami Dolphins. Regardless of what happened (Tuesday) night, we’ve got to focus on the Dolphins. … When I told our players (about the focus), everyone sat up in their seat. They’re ready to go.”

First, Measure C.
Most players did not cast a vote on it, one way or the other, as they are registered outside City of San Diego limits. A sense of attachment to San Diego varies by player; wide receiver Geremy Davis just flew in Tuesday from New Jersey. Many could not claim a strong grasp of the measure or its implications.
All in all, however, it was easy Wednesday to find both disappointment in the results and optimism about future local efforts.
“As you can imagine we're all disappointed,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “We certainly were hoping for better than that. Like we've always said, especially where we are in the midst of a season, we can't get too caught up in it and what it all exactly means. Just try to do our part and find a way to beat the Dolphins and get to 5-5 before the bye. …
“Vice versa, the love from the team to the city and the city to the team have been awesome over the last 55 years and the last 13 I've been here. I can't see us not here. As you all know, I'm always optimistic in every situation.”

Back
Top Bottom