Charles Clay to be placed on IR with torn knee ligament | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Clay to be placed on IR with torn knee ligament

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...charles-clays-season-20121217,0,2018245.story

Miami Dolphins H-back Charles Clay tore a ligament in his right knee and will undergo season-ending surgery in the coming days.
Clay, a former Tulsa standout who caught 18 passes for 212 yards and scored two touchdowns in his second NFL season, will need three months to fully recover from the knee injury.

That means Clay, a sixth-round pick in 2011, should be healthy enough to participate in the Dolphins' offseason program this spring. Dolphins receiver Davone Bess suffered a similar knee injury last December and didn't miss any of camp.

This sucks because Tannehill and Clay seemed to be developing a chemistry in the second half of the season. Good news that he will be back mini camps.

I didn't even know he got hurt, hopefully he can come back at full strength

Well he already showed up for his game and a half this year anyway.

He really came around in the second half of the season. I hope he makes a full recovery, I'd like to see how effective he is when we get some better receivers.

Slow start to the season but has been making some nice progress recently. Big loss for the last few games.

Yep. If Egnew cannot get active now....holy ****.

Lets get our EG on! The start of a Eg-New Era!

Well, Egnew might get a chance but also, Moore and Mathews and Thigpen should get more snaps out there. Regarless, TE is a position they need to take care of in the off season.

Ozzy rules!!

This would be the only way he gets activated by default bc he sure as Hell wasn't challenging for playing time otherwise

This is actually great news in a sense. For now we should be able to see if Egnew is any good or trash "this" year after all. :)

Back
Top Bottom