Charles Clay?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Clay??

phinfan3411

pofo mofo
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a downer after a win, but after that completely bone headed play on third and eight, I was so mad I was saying, you know what, we don't deserve to win this game.

I do not know about available TE's, but kind of like last week and Naane, I kind of wonder if we have better talent in him (Clay) than there is walking on the street.

That wasn't his only mistake, Tannehill put a ball right on him on a slant route that could have gone a long way, but he juggled it and almost got it picked off, how many has he dropped out of how many have been thrown to him?

To top it off, it seems he has a football IQ of zero.

Thoughts?

I'm not going to kill the guy after one game, but he really needs to step it up. Horrible drop that cost the team a first down and then not going out of bounds at the end, just awful.

I'm not going to kill the guy after one game, but he really needs to step it up. Horrible drop that cost the team a first down and then not going out of bounds at the end, just awful.
He had two drops and I think he's up to 4 drops on the season...with 4 catches.

I really liked Clay last year, this year he seems to have a case of marble mitts.

He had two drops and I think he's up to 4 drops on the season...with 4 catches.

The second drop today was a tough catch and I can certainly forgive that one. But that first drop, was just awful. Just flat out awful.

Had a really bad drop. What pissed me off though was when he ran out of bounds. It's absolutely crucial that you understand what kind of situation you're in. Next time just go down if you're not going to get the first.

Clay has lost his mind right now. Great talent but really needs to get his confidence back

He has more potential than any other tight end on this roster. But he really needs to get it together.
We need to replace Carpenter asap.
Where were Armstrong and Gaffney today? A third receiver would really help.
miller needs some reps. Bush has reverted to dancing and dthomas can't read the field

Honestly, I shouted at my screen when he ran out of bounds on that play. Bone-headed mistake. But I can't forget his 24-yard catch earlier on (I can't recall if any points came of it, but it was a nice play) so it sort of evens out. He's still having an underwhelming year thus far though :boohoo:

Over the moon about the victory though, go Phins!

Back
Top Bottom