Charles Clay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Clay

samikit13

Golden Flakes
Reaction score
I think Charles Clay will be moved back to the TE position with the injury to Keller. He might be the best option Miami has at this point as far as a receiving threat is concerned.

It is a possibility. One of the FB's on the roster could stick.

Here is where Clay, Egnew, & Sims need to step up.

Will this hinder Tannehill's development? No. But, it won't help.

Clay IMO remain an H-Back. The 3rd TE may be Kyle Miller.

Thoughts?

Sims looks like he has a lot of work to do. I don't see him as a starter this year. He's more of a blocker. Egnew is pure garbage and shouldn't be on the team. He might again be given a spot on the roster for a 2nd year in a row. He damn sure hasn't earned it. So Clay really is the best option at TE. Lane and Rodriguez will do at the fullback position

Out of the guys on the roster, Michael Egnew would be the starter if opening day were tomorrow. He's got the size, athleticism, and those basing his play off last preseason have to realize that he has had one drop and a couple of nice catches this preseason, and is actually playing like he wants it for once.

Here is where Clay, Egnew, & Sims need to step up.

Will this hinder Tannehill's development? No. But, it won't help.

Clay IMO remain an H-Back. The 3rd TE may be Kyle Miller.

Thoughts?

Sure they could hinder RT's development. If they cannot get open, catch, block or get nailed for penalties like they did tonight it will certainly hinder.

The question to be asked is there any better talent than these guys out there? I am not down on Clay or Keller, but I think a vet is needed to help this group along. Very green.

Out of the guys on the roster, Michael Egnew would be the starter if opening day were tomorrow. He's got the size, athleticism, and those basing his play off last preseason have to realize that he has had one drop and a couple of nice catches this preseason, and is actually playing like he wants it for once.

Egnew has gotten holding penalties this preseason and is a liability as a blocker. Size and athleticism is thrown out the window when you can bring it all together.

We should use Clay and Sims like the Ravens use Pitta and Dickson. Dickson as tight end on early downs and inline in 2 tight end sets. Clay as fullback, H-back in 2 tight end sets, in the slot, and as the tight end on passing downs.

I think Charles Clay will be moved back to the TE position with the injury to Keller. He might be the best option Miami has at this point as far as a receiving threat is concerned.

The sad fact is Keller is the only one that can play Keller's role in this offense, and the only one close to being able to mimic him is Egnew. No one else. With Egnew, we don't have to change out entire offense at this late point in training camp. Without him, we do.

Unless we trade for a stud TE. Gresham from the Bengals? Celek?

I'm so heart broken over this. Terrible man..

Also, fact is we drafted 2 tight ends in the last 2 years. Time to throw them out there and sink or swim w them. I think Clay has a defined role, and needs to be kept doing that.

Also, fact is we drafted 2 tight ends in the last 2 years. Time to throw them out there and sink or swim w them. I think Clay has a defined role, and needs to be kept doing that.

3 TE if you count Clay

instead of keller split out, it will just be clay or thigpen or Matthews. we just will miss his big body imo.

egnew gets more reps these next 2 weeks to see.

ieland will pick up a good teams cuts/ps player.

Back
Top Bottom