Charles Harris Rookie Film Review | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Harris Rookie Film Review

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
I went through and watched every snap, took tons of GIFs, gathered some data from PFF, paired with other players at his position, and threw a bold prediction at the end for the hell of it.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/harrisrookie/

Harris did a good job of “mixing his pitches,” so to speak. Flashing the bull rush and converting speed to power complimented Harris’ game. He can run the arc and work the dip-and-rip move as well as anyone. Length, ankle flexion and the ability to bend makes these freak athletes extremely difficult to block.

he gets alot of grief on this forum, but im excited about him. he is quick of the snap, and is going to get better. His big problem right now is he doest flaten out when at qb depth.

He flashed a good deal as a rookie I thought. He need to continue to develop, but it looks like tools are there. I'm excited to see what he can do in '18 and beyond. We NEED young playmakers, especially pass rushers (doubly so if they are all around defenders) on this D!

He flashed a good deal as a rookie I thought. He need to continue to develop, but it looks like tools are there. I'm excited to see what he can do in '18 and beyond. We NEED young playmakers, especially pass rushers (doubly so if they are all around defenders) on this D!

He's so vital to any success we want to have in 2018. I just don't see how we're going to find an immediate impact player at the position. The FA class is top heavy and there are two guys I like at 11, each could be gone (Chubb and Davenport).

We NEED Harris to be really good. I think he will be.

Trade up for chubb or pass til 2019 draft for the long term pairing with Harris

I’d trade 11 and 43 for chubb especially if Miami is content at lb with what it has. I wouldn’t be but they may

That’s a mike tannenbaum like move. He’s a 3 down left side de plus run defender with 8 to 12 sack potential. He’s top 5 pick worthy

Harris long term projects as wakes right side replacement

Only way I’d probably question that trade up would be if derwin james was there at 11. But I think I’d get over it.

Last edited:

I’d trade 11 and 43 for chubb especially if Miami is content at lb with what it has. I wouldn’t be but they may

That’s a mike tannenbaum like move. He’s a 3 down left side de plus run defender with 8 to 12 sack potential. He’s top 5 pick worthy

Only way I’d probably question that trade up would be if derwin james was there at 11. But I think I’d get over it.
I just can't see us taking James with Reshad and TJ already on the roster. I could see a mid round free safety. The kid from wake Forest looks promising

Chubb was my favorite player all year long. He never has to come off the field either (except for a breather).

"If they're content" at LB then t-dumb is even worst that I thought. How can anyone be ok with the LB's we have?
As far as Harris, I'm hoping for the best but not holding my breath right now. I guess time will tell. I liked the pick at the time to a point but I'm having second thoughts.

Ozzy rules!!

Chubb was my favorite player all year long. He never has to come off the field either (except for a breather).

It doesn’t take much of that tape as a 43 team to say yes please to that. I was a tape and a half in and he checked every box I needed

Problem is every 43 team in front of us not looking for a qb would run that card up unless you trump them

Miami drafts chubb Andre branches belongings are packed and in a box outside the facility the nano second after the 2018 season ends

Harris long term projects as wakes right side replacement

I mentioned this in another post. He is the kind of guy you trade up to 3 for.....not Dion. It would probably have to be with Indy at 3. Throw in Branch and/or Kiko to get out of their contracts. I know....wishful thinking.

I mentioned this in another post. He is the kind of guy you trade up to 3 for.....not Dion. It would probably have to be with Indy at 3. Throw in Branch and/or Kiko to get out of their contracts. I know....wishful thinking.

Yeah that’s why it’s gonna be real hard. Indy has to be salivating. That’s exactly what they need. Have to hope they trade out to someone coming up for a qb blown away by an offer. 11 and 43 wouldn’t do it.

The more qbs teams come for up top the more chance he has to get in our wheelhouse. But yeah Indy at 3 it’s no brainer

Great post. Would love to see something similar with Jordan Phillips. I just remember that NE game and wondering why he couldn't be like this every week.

I thought he was our best option in the draft besides Watt, but Watt wasn't a pure 4-3 end.

One interesting tidbit from Louis Tee on his youtube channel noted that he thought Harris' tape was better when he played at a lighter weight. Something to keep in mind if he packs on weight in the future.

Great breakdown, BTW...

Back
Top Bottom