Charles Woodson anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Woodson anyone?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Apparently Green Bay is releasing Woodson. Does he have anything left in the tank? Does he have a relationship with Philbin?

Just saw this on TV I was surprised, he was due like 9 mil thou, cap causality.. Would be curious to see what some of you thought w him and pos. jarius Byrd avail at safety would u pull the trigger. I pro go Byrd younger better contract prob and u can grow w him. Woodsmen I see signing like reed on a contender looking for a 1-2 year push at bowl

I could see for maybe a year to maybe help mentor smith or any rookie cb we may draft. I think if we could acquire Jennings and\or Finley we would have a shot at getting him. In my honest opinion tho I think he will retire

The names a ail this off season are crazy, but lets not pull an eagles or redskins 1,2, maybe 3 fa then focus on cont to draft young talent

I agree I do think we will resign smith and at least get jennings tho. How the rest turns out I'm excited to see

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I could see for maybe a year to maybe help mentor smith or any rookie cb we may draft. I think if we could acquire Jennings and\or Finley we would have a shot at getting him. In my honest opinion tho I think he will retire

I'd be fine with a relatively cheap offer. Old ass Woodson is still light years better than Sean "alligator arms" Smith.

36 years old..will turn 37 this October
moved to safety last season because his coverage skills have declined
was due 9 million in 2013...no way is he worth that kind of money

"They're getting ready to release him. It's part of the business," agent Carl Poston said. "I just talked to him. He sounds like he has a lot of football left.
"He'd like to go play for a contender, win another Super Bowl."

Don't see him being a part of this teams future

So because he was moved to safety he's no longer allowed to play corner?

We're not the Packers, far from it. We could not be worse off at corner right now. A elderly, one legged Charles Woodson would still start at corner on this team.

Honestly, I have no idea. But for the right price what does it hurt? I'm sure this will make him try all the more harder and he's still got skills.

I can guarantee even if we signed him he wouldn't play safety.

I would 100% be down for this.

Argument as a Safety: Get rid of Clemons, sign Woodson to safety for 2 years, draft a guy this year and develop him under Woodson. BAM!

Argument as a CB: Dont need one, go get him.

He wants to go to a contender... In other words, he's not coming here

So because he was moved to safety he's no longer allowed to play corner?

We're not the Packers, far from it. We could not be worse off at corner right now. A elderly, one legged Charles Woodson would still start at corner on this team.

Honestly, I have no idea. But for the right price what does it hurt? I'm sure this will make him try all the more harder and he's still got skills.

Seriously? The same Packers team that couldn't stop any offense in the NFL? That Packers defense was pathetic on so many levels this past year. It made MIA's defense look superior.

You people and this 'mentoring' crap. Old ass players with declining play are being released for a reason. They just aren't what they were, regardless of what you try to project on them. The NFL execs from franchises like GB and BALT are letting some of these players walk, because its time to get younger and faster. Something I wish some here would understand. Woodson, is a shell of his former self. His play at CB was suspect a year ago, and terrible at S this year.

As for the poster that named Byrd...now there you go. Someone who is coming into his prime, versus one who is on his last leg. Common sense? Just reality, IMO.

I think Woodson has had a great career, but I don't think he has much left in the tank...same with Ed Reed. I think Woodson would make a nice defensive back's coach, but that is probably the only job I would want to see him have with the Phins.

Back
Top Bottom