Charles Woodson anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Woodson anyone?

Seriously? The same Packers team that couldn't stop any offense in the NFL? That Packers defense was pathetic on so many levels this past year. It made MIA's defense look superior.

You people and this 'mentoring' crap. Old ass players with declining play are being released for a reason. They just aren't what they were, regardless of what you try to project on them. The NFL execs from franchises like GB and BALT are letting some of these players walk, because its time to get younger and faster. Something I wish some here would understand. Woodson, is a shell of his former self. His play at CB was suspect a year ago, and terrible at S this year.

As for the poster that named Byrd...now there you go. Someone who is coming into his prime, versus one who is on his last leg. Common sense? Just reality, IMO.

Where in any part of my post did I mention mentoring? Not once. When did I say our defense wasn't superior? Again not once.

Fact:Charles Woodson as a "shell of his former self" is still superior than Sean Smith, it's not even debatable.

Lastly, As far as Baltimore is concerned they're certainly not letting players go to get "younger". The need to clear cap space for their franchise QB. Getting younger has nothing to do with it. They would be more than happy with resigning Ed Reed, they just can not afford it at this time.

P.s.

Byrd is a safety. Most of us were suggesting Woodson be brought in at corner because again, he's far better than what we have.

Seriously? The same Packers team that couldn't stop any offense in the NFL? That Packers defense was pathetic on so many levels this past year. It made MIA's defense look superior.

You people and this 'mentoring' crap. Old ass players with declining play are being released for a reason. They just aren't what they were, regardless of what you try to project on them. The NFL execs from franchises like GB and BALT are letting some of these players walk, because its time to get younger and faster. Something I wish some here would understand. Woodson, is a shell of his former self. His play at CB was suspect a year ago, and terrible at S this year.

As for the poster that named Byrd...now there you go. Someone who is coming into his prime, versus one who is on his last leg. Common sense? Just reality, IMO.
Teams like GB and BALT are in cap trouble and have key players to resign. All teams wanna get younger and faster, but there is something to be said for a veteran presence on a defense that wants to take the next level into becoming a playoff team.

Charles Woodson can help in that regard, even if it's for one season.

at a discount? Sure why not, I'd even be happy with realistic incentives. As long as he's an upgrade we wouldn't have much to lose

Problem with your logic is 1- Jairus Byrd won't be let go, if anything he will be franchised. He's arguably the best safety in the game and 2- Charles Woodson being cut isn't bc Charles Woodson can't play..it's bc he's owed 9 million bucks. It's a business decision, not a football one.

And i'm sorry hear that not everyone on this board shares your infinite wisdom. Forgive those of us that would like to see a legend finishing his career as a Miami Dolphin, creating turnovers and covering tight ends alongside Reshad Jones.

Surprised so many people are down with this. Dude is 36, even at a discount I'd rather spend that kinda money elsewhere....

Wow the names of available guys this year is shocking.

I can't imagine him wanting to come to Miami - unless he's easily sold on sunny SoFla. He'll go straight to a contender and play utility guy. My initial thoughts are Houston and Denver.

He wants to play for a winning team, cross Miami off the list.

I wouldnt cross us off yet, with the amount if cap space, and picks we could be a contending team. We didnt have that bad of a record last year 7-9 and a couple of those loses were close.

Surprised so many people are down with this. Dude is 36, even at a discount I'd rather spend that kinda money elsewhere....
Defensive player of the year, Heisman trophy winner, Super Bowl Champion....yeah who would want that on their team?:crazy:

Defensive player of the year, Heisman trophy winner, Super Bowl Champion....yeah who would want that on their team?:crazy:

We have a good young core on defense. We are in prime position to add a couple key vets on D to top off an already stout D. Why not? Swing for the fences.

Hell yeah, Woodson coming off collarbone injury is 100% better than a 100% healthy Sean Smith. Woodson just has a knack for making plays. I'd sign Woodson and give him Smith's locker in a heart beat.

Problem with your logic is 1- Jairus Byrd won't be let go, if anything he will be franchised. He's arguably the best safety in the game and 2- Charles Woodson being cut isn't bc Charles Woodson can't play..it's bc he's owed 9 million bucks. It's a business decision, not a football one.

And i'm sorry hear that not everyone on this board shares your infinite wisdom. Forgive those of us that would like to see a legend finishing his career as a Miami Dolphin, creating turnovers and covering tight ends alongside Reshad Jones.

As opposed to your infinite wisdom? Everyone here has a opinion. I can go look up some of your doozies, because we all have some.

My wisdom, is that, teams are letting these older players walk. Now you say its because of money. Which does weight into the equation. But the fact a player like Woodson, helped propel one of the worst defenses in the league the past few years, gives me more ammo than....lets say, someone like you. Who advocates paying a ageing once great, alot of money.

This is a message board. And when you have to resort to your retorts, you have lost the argument. I have a opinion, just like your 'wisdom' on topics here.

Sometimes you need experience and age, Charles might not be a bad idea and maybe Philbin has a good relationship with him and could sway him to Miami. Guys our Pass defense is in the bottom 5, we can't be too picky.

Back
Top Bottom