Chase Allen Leads The NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Allen Leads The NFL

How many did he make when the runner was already 10 yards downfield? His total could be misleading.
All of them count, just like someone else tipping a pass that another player intercepts, analytics will destroy a team, Zack Thomas was pass by until the 5th round, the dolphins gave him a chance and the rest is history.

As deprived as we have been at LB for the past few years, I have to think that anyone who actually flashes potential will get a shot to stick around and see if they pan out. Never gonna fix it with expensive band aids, gotta start developing our youngsters.

stat.png

Im in Allen's corner. He was one of the few UDFA's I was intrigued by when we signed him. And i have been tracking him ever since. But let's not forget that part of this metric is how many snaps the coach gives you and how many plays the offense runs into your area. Our sample size is way to low to tell anything Significant.

But at least it shows he can tackle, which isn't common enough in preseason. And he definitely has had many flashes, which is usually what makes a team when you are an UDFA.

If Mauluga (sorry about spelling) is not ready to go week 1 is it safe to say he is the week 1 starter?

I've watched Chase all preseason and I will go out on a limb and say he's better than Hull and Hewitt by far. I would start him at MLB. Move Kiko and Timmons outside

there shouldn't be any question that Allen makes the team. We are thin at LB, kinda sucked at it last year, so we need all the help we can get. If we have to rotate guys during series, that's good....keeps fresh legs out there. Rotate Hull, Hewitt, Allen, Maulauga over and over.

The inside linebacker prospect ran a blazing 4.58-second time in the 40-yard dash, and an uber-quick 6.88 in the 3-cone drill. Combine that with 23 reps of benching 225 pounds and an official 6-foot-4, 241-pound measured frame -- along with his production during his SIU career -- and you have yourself one excellent prospect.

At the NFL Combine, only two linebackers -- inside or outside -- matched or beat Allen's 40 time, and only four matched or beat his cone drill time.

Didn't stop us from paying Kiko lol

raw

Well, thank goodness we did, considering Kiko was BY FAR our most effective LB, was our leading tackler, and though he did not play like a superstar, he made plays, which is far more then I can say any LB has done for Miami for a while now.

As for Allen, (like Kiko), just because he leads in tackles unfortunately does not mean much, because we need to know who was it against, where were the tackles made, how much more playing time did he have then the others behind him. Personally I like Allen, and hope we keep him, before he ends up becoming a probowler for the Patriots.

i also remember when Brian Hartline was our best WR. Doesn't mean ****.
They let Hartline go and resigned Kiko! So Gase and the front office is seeing something you are not. Kiko is a very good LB, not great however well above average.

With this hewitt situation we have to have the worst 2 deep nickel lb situation in football. Maybe the giants give us a run for our money.

What are we gonna run with 2 deep nickel hull and lacy or hull and Allen? Are you freaking kidding me.

No 2 deep NFL ready two down strong for base or weak for base and no 2 deep nickel lbs.

We better do something damnit

They let Hartline go and resigned Kiko! So Gase and the front office is seeing something you are not. Kiko is a very good LB, not great however well above average.

Really?

"The Miami Dolphins and wide receiver Brian Hartline agreed on a five-year contract worth nearly $31 million, a source close to the player confirmed late Thursday.

The deal includes $12.5 million in guaranteed money, the source said."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ine-miami-dolphins-finalize-fiveyear-contract

Great decision, huh? How about that guaranteed money and he was released the following season. Hopefully the same goes for Alonso. If you think Alonso is a "very good" LB or even "well above" average, then you're staring at box scores and highlight reels, and not his game on an every down basis.

Back
Top Bottom