Check out this guys scouting eval of our picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Check out this guys scouting eval of our picks

I've seen those videos. The analysis is solid, but the guy's explanation of it makes it hard to listen. Sooooo much attempt to sound hip. He calls Cordrea Tankersley by the wrong name, Gareon Conley, 4 different times ... I mean at that point either re-make the video or re-dub the audio at least. He picks good film and has good descriptions of the action .. but he has no clue what he's looking at when he does the audio, so he wastes a lot of our time trying to be hip. It's a painful video, but his analysis is correct.

His video of Charles Harris (the bottom link) is a little better, but his attempt to sound hip gets really old really fast. Watching two of them back to back is probably about the max most people can take.

There's hundreds of these "experts" posting their reviews. Posters will find the one that most aligns with their opinion and run with it. My thoughts are the the phins had a definite plan and stuck with it. Player grades are subjective and different for every team. We started a full rebuild last year and had immediate success. In years past the phins would have thought they were a player or 2 away and spent big money in FA and pissed away draft picks for that "can't miss" prospect. They didn't. They realized the D was a liability and stuck with a plan. They have replacements in there for wake and maxwell. They drafted a tackling machine in McMillan. IMO the DTs they drafted in the 5th are to replace Phillips AND Suh.

There will be multiple threads and thousands of posts on this subject. All I can say is I'm happy with the approach and will give Gase the benefit of the doubt as long as he keeps winning.

These videos don't "align with my opinion" as I didn't give one. THe guy is breaking down film and was pretty favorable to both players. These videos were made long before the draft.

He shows Harris and his weakness in the run game which looks very coachable. He shows the DB getting lost in off coverage and his pathetic tackling but says he could be the best DB in the class.

I've seen those videos. The analysis is solid, but the guy's explanation of it makes it hard to listen. Sooooo much attempt to sound hip. He calls Cordrea Tankersley by the wrong name, Gareon Conley, 4 different times ... I mean at that point either re-make the video or re-dub the audio at least. He picks good film and has good descriptions of the action .. but he has no clue what he's looking at when he does the audio, so he wastes a lot of our time trying to be hip. It's a painful video, but his analysis is correct.

His video of Charles Harris (the bottom link) is a little better, but his attempt to sound hip gets really old really fast. Watching two of them back to back is probably about the max most people can take.

I don't think he is attempting to sound hip....that's just his personality. I know plenty of dudes who sound just like him! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he is attempting to sound hip....that's just his personality. I know plenty of dudes who sound just like him! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. It just seems like he is more interested in being a personality than an evaluator. His analysis is solid though.

Tankersley is exactly what I said he was. He is a big corner that can cover, but he does not like to tackle. I do not like CBs that will not do one of the fundamentals of football. Go to 6:38 of the clip and how he plays is an absolute joke!

Tankersley is exactly what I said he was. He is a big corner that can cover, but he does not like to tackle. I do not like CBs that will not do one of the fundamentals of football. Go to 6:38 of the clip and how he plays is an absolute joke!

I like the kids fit for our defense, potential, and hope it all works out, but his tackle "effort" is being a straight up traitor to your teammates. Can't have that type of mentality in football and it's concerning. He'll never see the field if he can't flip that.

Hopefully it can be coached out of him. That push instead of a tackle was embarrassing.

I'm more hopefully wake mentors Harris. Teach him that freakish bend and when to use it. Harris uses it later than you'd want be at least it's there somewhat. You need that when you're not the fastest or strongest guy.

While I share the same opinion as all of you, I'd like to point out that lack of tackling and physical play in the run game surely didn't hurt Deion Sanders career too much, as well as a few others. Let's see what kind of coverage corner the kid develops into first and perhaps we won't care about the tackling as much. If he's the next Deion or Revis in coverage, I'm sure most would take that despite the flaws.

That said, I have faith in Gase and his staff to really work the kid to improve in that area.

I like the kids fit for our defense, potential, and hope it all works out, but his tackle "effort" is being a straight up traitor to your teammates. Can't have that type of mentality in football and it's concerning. He'll never see the field if he can't flip that.

Tankersly had 117 tackles, 10 TFL in essentially 2 seasons playing DB. Don't pick out a handful of plays and decide he can't tackle. He will be fine.

Tankersly had 117 tackles, 10 TFL in essentially 2 seasons playing DB. Don't pick out a handful of plays and decide he can't tackle. He will be fine.

I don't make general statements and assumptions based of a few clips. Tankersley does not like to making contact with the ball carrier and is so poor at it sometimes it's straight up embarrassing. Don't handpick statistics w/o watching film and pretend he puts full effort into tackling b/c you seem satisfied with some tally of numbers. It's absolutely an area of weakness.

I have watched every game for the past 2 years. This guy has clips from 2 games in his career. If Tankersly's tackling is so damn weak why couldn't the great Urban Myer take advantage? Maybe he's just not as smart as you.

I have watched every game for the past 2 years. This guy has clips from 2 games in his career. If Tankersly's tackling is so damn weak why couldn't the great Urban Myer take advantage? Maybe he's just not as smart as you.

BS. You can watch all the games from in real time you please, but it means nothing for player study. Speaking of, I speculate all you've done is read a single paragraph about him in your Optimum Scouting report, clung to it, and are now throwing it against the wall hoping it sticks.

I'm not basing anything off of whatever link is in this thread. Here ya go. Have at it.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/cordrea-tankersley/

Too many times his half-assed effort is cringe worthy.

BS. You can watch all the games from in real time you please, but it means nothing for player study. Speaking of, I speculate all you've done is read a single paragraph about him in your Optimum Scouting report, clung to it, and are now throwing it against the wall hoping it sticks.

I'm not basing anything off of whatever link is in this thread. Here ya go. Have at it.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/cordrea-tankersley/

Too many times his half-assed effort is cringe worthy.

You can speculate all you want, but it means nothing as you know nothing about me. As for your reference to Optimum Scouting, I havent even read what they said about Tankersly, nor "thrown it against any walls'. I don't need any analyst's opinions on Tankersly as I am quite sure I have spent more time watching him than any of these guys, including your draft breakdown analyst. I am not saying every play in his career was stellar, but I can tell you it wasn't an issue in the grand scheme of things. He has made many more stellar plays than bonehead plays in his career. I'm pretty sure I can cherry pick plays from almost any player and make him look bad.

Back
Top Bottom