Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

Honestly, it probably was just the Chiefs knowing we're hurting on the line and saying "Hey, want Branden Albert?" and us saying "Eh, maybe."

Cheifs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

The closer we get to the draft I wonder if that 2nd round pick that their asking for becomes a third? If so I'd be on board.

Anything more than a 4th rounder is absurd.

If you're willing to give away a 3rd round pick you might as well trade up ahead of San Diego in the draft and get one of the big 3 OT prospects.

Anything more than a 4th rounder is absurd.

If you're willing to give away a 3rd round pick you might as well trade up ahead of San Diego in the draft and get one of the big 3 OT prospects.

And then you're spending an additional top 12 draft pick so I don't really understand this logic.

I'd rather spend an extra $6 million a year than give up a #12 pick

another paragraph from PFF

Branden Albert, OT, Kansas City Chiefs

Not commonly mentioned as one of the best offensive tackles in the game, Branden Albert has emerged in his contract year as a dominant player. Albert has a total grade of +17.6 (with a pass block grade of +17.0) on the year and has been a bright spot for the struggling Chiefs. He is second in the entire league among offensive tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency, allowing only eight total pressures in 279 pass block snaps. Included in those eight pressures is just one sack and that came on opening day, which is even more impressive considering the state of flux that is the Chiefs’ offense.

And then you're spending an additional top 12 draft pick so I don't really understand this logic.

I'd rather spend an extra $6 million a year than give up a #12 pick

I'd cost a lot more than $6 million per year. You're looking at a contract that is close to what Jake signed for.

With a top 10 pick to get one of the big 3 OT prospects, you be getting them for a bargain ($3 million or less per year) and they are younger.

Ireland wants a right tackle.. Miami has had talks with a lot of players and teams but doesn't mean we will sign them. By Friday Miami will have signed someone I would hope tho lol

Look at it this way. At least Ireland would finally hit on a second round pick if he trades it for Albert....LOL

that would be the worst option expensive would cost picks no

Back
Top Bottom