Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs & Dolphins have had talks regarding Branden Albert

I'd cost a lot more than $6 million per year. You're looking at a contract that is close to what Jake signed for.

With a top 10 pick to get one of the big 3 OT prospects, you be getting them for a bargain ($3 million or less per year) and they are younger.

If you'll re-read my post, I said extra 6 million per year.

And the a guy that high would likely cost you 2 mil per year... so I was assuming 8. Thank you anyways.

I still can't believe supposedly the best personnel people in football think a 9 million dollar a year ol is needed on a winning team. Look around- this is not the 80s.

Fill ot cheaply and get pass rush and DBs. This is a passing league. We run a west coast offense whose goal should be to get the ball out ASAP. Don't need a top ot in this system yet will give up multiple picks and money to get a completely unnecessary piece

Love it. The discussions are going exactly the way I thought they would. They canl get him for much less than a two in the end.

PROTECT TANNEHILL!

people are talking about signing Winston without knowing what price he is asking for. Its just funny how peoples logic defies their own logic. Its easy to bank on what you dont know. Then you just dissapear. Ireland cant do that.

This just tells me the Fins have some of the same concerns I have with Martin being our LT. If the concerns are indeed genuine then I would just assume us draft an OT this year as this draft is loaded with them.

This just tells me the Fins have some of the same concerns I have with Martin being our LT. If the concerns are indeed genuine then I would just assume us draft an OT this year as this draft is loaded with them.

Not that loaded. Top three are excellent. The rest are projects.

All you people who have complained about drafting OL with our 1st pick the last few years are going to see it happen again if the OL is not resolved by the draft. I personally would rather have Winston at RT instead of this trade but I trust the FO on this.

miamis in a pickle here...none of the top 3 tackles are getting to pick 10 all could well be gone by detroit at pick #5...you don't want to pay the price to trade up there for an ot...

this is probably the next best option but it's a heck of a price...it will cost more than just a 2nd flat unless kc REALLY REALLY wants albert out...

miamis in a pickle here...none of the top 3 tackles are getting to pick 10 all could well be gone by detroit at pick #5...you don't want to pay the price to trade up there for an ot...

this is probably the next best option but it's a heck of a price...it will cost more than just a 2nd flat unless kc REALLY REALLY wants albert out...

Great assessment of the current picture of the tackle position. I do think they can get him for less than a #2, but we shall see. That IS the reality that Fin fans must realize.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

This scares me about Winston. Is he losing his fastball based on this?

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP 18h
Interesting that Eric Winston tied for 4th-most false starts in 2012. Sign of someone trying to jump the snap count? http://bit.ly/Znyc4w

I don't like the idea of drafting another tackle in round one. If we must have an OL in round 1 I would rather get Cooper if he's there at 12. But still would rather pick a skilled guy like Eifert, Austin, or a CB.

Great assessment of the current picture of the tackle position. I do think they can get him for less than a #2, but we shall see. That IS the reality that Fin fans must realize.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

This scares me about Winston. Is he losing his fastball based on this?

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolinPBP 18h
Interesting that Eric Winston tied for 4th-most false starts in 2012. Sign of someone trying to jump the snap count? http://bit.ly/Znyc4w

guess who else was trying to jump the snap count all over the place all last year...jake long...i told you guys winstons feet do not look all that good...i think he's more buyer beware than people think here...depends on the price i guess...

vollmer signing for less than $7 mil per should bring some of these tackle demands down especially with winston...although vollmer was never signing anywhere but with the pats...that's been known for a while...same for the andre smith with cincy...

anyways we can all thank the top prospects in this draft at other positions for none of the top 3 tackles even getting to #10...they are the cleanest prospects of a very suspect top of the draft...they're gonna fly off the board...

when you see a tackle cheating he's lining up further and further off the ball...trying to get to the outside with that initial kick step as soon as possible to offset the speed rush on the outside...jake long did it all last season and he got away with it a lot...

it's a sign though that a tackles lateral agility and foot speed is starting to fall off...

anyways i'd offer em pick #56 and a contract that averages $7.5 mil per year and see if kc bites...if they want a say 5th rounder in 2014 they could have that also if it would get it done...

but not pick #42...give em #56 and something late and tell em final offer...

you're not sniffing a tackle with alberts poilish at pick #56 unless you probably overdraft a project and can wait on him...like a terron armstead i guess...but we don't want to wait on a guy to develop for 2 years

Back
Top Bottom