Chiefs no longer interested in Sean Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs no longer interested in Sean Smith

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
per pft
The Chiefs, after signing cornerback Dunta Robinson, no longer have interest in Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith, per a league source.
Robinson is believed to be getting starter money from the Chiefs. With Brandon Flower doing the same, paying Smith top-of-market money no longer makes sense.
Kansas City’s interest in Smith was one of the few nuggets of information that emerged after the legal non-tampering tampering period opened at midnight.
If, of course, Smith overplays his hand and doesn’t do a deal before the market softens, the Chiefs potentially could become interested again — at a lower rate.
lol smith may not get paid like he wants

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it. Hopefully some team bites I don't want him on this team again. I don't care if it's for 300k per season, Smith sucks.

Smith might come back down to Earth...

So much for Robinson being a nickel. LOL.

I'm so torn on Smith.

On the one hand, I despise him as a player. I hate his over-****y nature, his lacklustre effort, his piss poor tackling abilities and his inability to catch the ball.
On the other hand, I really don't want to create another hole by letting him walk. Last thing we need is to add another major need to our laundry list.

I'm so torn on Smith.

On the one hand, I despise him as a player. I hate his over-****y nature, his lacklustre effort, his piss poor tackling abilities and his inability to catch the ball.
On the other hand, I really don't want to create another hole by letting him walk. Last thing we need is to add another major need to our laundry list.
Your post makes no sense. Smith is a hole on our secondary for everything you just mentioned. He can't even bandaid it.

Take him back on a modest, two year deal. Just until our drafted talent develops. I'm sick of this underachieving clown.

I'm more in favor of rolling with two rookie corners than i am of bringing back sean smith... I mean, how much worse can they possibly be?

Listening to Sam Madison on Finsiders last night...he basically said that Sean isn't a press corner, despite having the physical makeup of one. He doesn't use his size to his advantage, and his size is his only benefit. If he can't toughen up and jam people at the line, then what use is he? The guy's just too soft for what he should be. I would love to see him learn to really use his size to his advantage before shelling out big bucks for him. But will he ever learn it?

Back
Top Bottom