Chiefs Release OT Marcus Spears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Release OT Marcus Spears

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
Link

Does anyone know if this guy is any good? I can say I've never seem him play that I can remember, but KC's line has been among the best the last few years. Maybe he's worth a look.

This guy is worth a look for sure. The offensive line simply has to be upgraded from last year and I don't really see that happening so far.

Is a rookie really expected to be better than Wade was?

An undrafted FA better than Perry? McKinney better than Ruddy? Wade Smith gonna improve that much in one offseason?

Too many question marks for me, if Spears can add to this O-line bring his butt in.

PhinsmissedFG said:
This guy is worth a look for sure. The offensive line simply has to be upgraded from last year and I don't really see that happening so far.

Is a rookie really expected to be better than Wade was?

An undrafted FA better than Perry? McKinney better than Ruddy? Wade Smith gonna improve that much in one offseason?

Too many question marks for me, if Spears can add to this O-line bring his butt in.

im with ya, but why cry? dont be sad..

the cheifs can afford to release him. they are deep at the o-line positions are recongnize talent for the offensive line very well. theyre still gonna be totally dominant even when theyve lost tait too.

Oooooo.....VERY interesting move. This would provide QUALITY depth at both tackle spots. Spears apparently was never liked by Vermeil and was caught in a numbers game anyway.

It seems according to Joe Schad that a 3rd WR is the highest priority atm.

..I doubt Spears even gets a sniff, but I really hope he does because having a KC Olinemen would be very beneficial to our current OLINE on MANY MANY levels.

Spears was let go because he and Vermeil never saw eye to eye with philosophies.

Since they now have Welbourne to play RT and they also have Jordan Black and Brett Williams in addition to the newly acquired Chirs Bober there was simply no chance of him making the team at the money he would make.

Sad that the Chiefs have 5 tackles I'd like to have on this team on their team alone.

Whitley you are the bane of my existence.

KC's line has been dominant but if I'm not mistaken Spears wasn't a starter on their line...its been Roaf, Tait, Wiegmann, Waters, and Shields. They lost John Tait and yet they still cut Marcus Spears that to me raises a red flag or two, as does the fact that he and Vermeil never saw eye to eye because lets face it, Vermeil is very much a players' coach. He's no Bill Parcells. He loves his players as long as they are good people and good football players.

Still, the KC offense run by Al Saunders is basically identical to the Norv Turner playbook in all the terminology, so Spears could come right in and he'd already know half or more of the blocking schemes, as well as all of the terminology. That was one thing that made Tait so attractive to us.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look but at some point we have to say Ok enough, these our are linemen. If we want our O-line to gel then we need to let them work together, get to know each other and their tendances, how each one plays in a certain situation. I dont think that will happen if we just keep on bringing in new players hoping they will be better than what we already have.

Back
Top Bottom