Chiefs Release Winston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Release Winston

I'll take him. The thing he said last yr was he was sickened when the KC fans were booing when Matt Cassel got a concussion.

He was right....You can boo a guy for poor performences, but something serious like a concussion is bush league.

Winston would be a nice fit here

i think tackles in play but not sure i think it's a lock despite them cutting winston...they got a 3rd round tackle from oklahoma they like last year in the draft stephenson and alberts locked up with the tag...might be defense specifically dt with the top pick...

might be ot...but again i wouldn't call it a lock...the chiefs already set their ceiling anyways for the near future with the trade for alex smith...doubt it's good enough
Cmon man, Hoops stop it lol. Jags, you're on the clock. Joeckel is off the board.

If Martin moves to LT, wouldn't Winston come at a cheaper price than what Long is looking for?

sure he would be cheaper and shorter term...but you better hope he doesn't nose dive right off a cliff on you... there's potential here for a colombo like season...i don't think it's that bad but the guys legs look like their almost gone...and with colombo his legs were shot when he got here

This would be a good move... but id probably rather sign Levitre and draft a tackle and lock down our line for years to come.

Cmon man, Hoops stop it lol. Jags, you're on the clock. Joeckel is off the board.

they have a left tackle they just tagged for $10 mil in albert...joeckels not a right tackle he's a left fit all the way...it's possible they kick albert back inside to left guard which he played some in college at uva and i think a bit in the pros as well but i kinda doubt it given the tackle tag...i think the 3rd round pick stephenson could play into it also...

i'm not buying the media hype right now that the chiefs are in love with joeckel with the top pick...heck the better tackle down the line anyway in the draft imo is lane johnson...better athlete more upside

How was his play last season? Warrant him being cut? I see this as a sure sign the Chiefs will look for OT with that first pick

what was winstons cap # anyways for this upcoming season...that probably can tell ya what they thought he had left value wise

winston runs his mouth in the media too much...i doubt he'll have much market...says things off kilter about the organizations he plays for...maybe a little too honest i guess...doubt ireland and philbin would buy in...

Im not sure about this hoops ive heard he is a well liked and respected guy in the locker room. Could very much be a Philbin guy.

Im not sure about this hoops ive heard he is a well liked and respected guy in the locker room. Could very much be a Philbin guy.

with the players maybe...with the front offices i don't think so...

Meh some players put their foot in it from time to time *cough* Dansby *cough* but if they work hard and dont cause interal issues then its not really a red flag for me. I actaully gained a lot of respect for Winston this season after he defended his QB against the fans when they were out of order. And apparantly he really stepped up after that horrible shooting.

You could be right of course.. but I dont see Winston as a problem guy and im sure Ireland and Jeff could deal with him.

Was Winston not like the #1 RT FA two years ago? Looks like Jake Long better wake up with his contract wishes

what has he done that makes his character questionable? the only thing i've ever heard about him is that he called out the fans for cheering when Matt Cassell got killed and ended up with a concussion I actually think that should be applauded. That makes him sound like a leader to me. Reggie Bush and Dansby questioned the coaches on Hard Knocks when Chad Johnson got cut and they were the leaders of our team.

Back
Top Bottom