Chiefs still 'just looking' at the corner market | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs still 'just looking' at the corner market

PeterJNO

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica] KAPALUA, Hawaii -- The Kansas City Chiefs went into free-agency looking for a linebacker, a safety and a cornerback, and now that they're two-thirds of the way home, it's time to ask: When do they add the cornerback? [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica] Not anytime soon.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]no movement in negotiations to swing a deal for Patrick Surtain. So that leaves the Chiefs with the likelihood of adding their next cornerback with their first or second pick of the draft.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]
[/font]
Patrick Surtain apparently will cost too much to obtain and sign.

[font=Arial, Helvetica]http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/8314615
[/font]

They need pat surtain in a big way...I'd just refuse all offers and take only a 2006 1st round pick...

Were not gonna get to the superbowl in one year and next years draft class is better anyway

Andre Dyson and Ty Law are still out there. If you want immediate help, IMO, you go for Surtain, and they need immediate help. I think you could say they're in that whole "win now" boat that we were in for the longest time.

Patience means possible draft day action. Which, in the end, is fine with me.

I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to trade him. Maybe when this is all said and done, he will lower his contract request and re-sign longterm at a reasonable price.

Nublar7 said:
I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to trade him. Maybe when this is all said and done, he will lower his contract request and re-sign longterm at a reasonable price.

maybe he's just crazy like a fox... - if he remains unreasonable with long term contracts with potential trade partners, what's the worst thing that can happen? - he gets to play this year in miami at a decent salary and becomes a free agent next year where he can pick and choose what team he wants to play for - seems to me like pat has all the cards...

If we lost Surtain in FA next season what kind of compensation Pick should we expect the following season, a 2nd rounder?

Pigskin Pimp said:
If we lost Surtain in FA next season what kind of compensation Pick should we expect the following season, a 2nd rounder?

3rd is the highest u can get, and its late so its almost like a 4th.

Pigskin Pimp said:
The highest a compensation pick can be is a 3rd rounder.

Can you get a 2nd as compensation? I always thought a 3rd was highest.

The issue clearly is not what WE'RE asking; it's Surtain's contract demands. I'm just going to assume that Rosenhaus is his agent?

I don't understand why people are still saying you should get a first for Surtain. It has been known for a while that Miami is will to trade him to KC for their 2nd, and it is Surtain's contract demands that is holding the deal up.

not good news.. he is asking too much after the trade..

wants new deal and big bonus... might still happen..hopefully

Has Surtain turned down any offers from Miami for a new contract?

Back
Top Bottom