Chris Clemons- Complete Coverage on Clemons' Coverage | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Clemons- Complete Coverage on Clemons' Coverage

..........so good, that's why the front office didn't resign him until a week into free agency (when he was still available) for only a 1yr deal.

We signed him the same day we signed Mike Wallace. Day one of free agency.

We signed him the same day we signed Mike Wallace. Day one of free agency.

yeah and what should that tell you??? that the league wasn't banging down his door or anything...that money tells me that his options were very limited...it's a good signing for miami buys them time but til he starts making more plays in the passing game and showing better instincts and ball skills vs the pass he's gonna get offers like that...one year rental type stuff...\

you sign day 1 of free agency for that money when you could continue to test the market tells me your agent heard crickets at the combine week and you weren't generating any buzz...so miami got what they needed out of it...another one year rental pretty damn cheap...better deal for miami given the money than for chris clemons that's for sure...

yeah and what should that tell you??? that the league wasn't banging down his door or anything...that money tells me that his options were very limited...it's a good signing for miami buys them time but til he starts making more plays in the passing game and showing better instincts and ball skills vs the pass he's gonna get offers like that...one year rental type stuff...\

you sign day 1 of free agency for that money when you could continue to test the market tells me your agent heard crickets at the combine week and you weren't generating any buzz...so miami got what they needed out of it...another one year rental pretty damn cheap...better deal for miami given the money than for chris clemons that's for sure...

Even with little innitial interest, Miami really got a fantastic deal at that price. Surpised Rosenhaus/Clemmons didnt test the market a little considering what we signed him for.

one year rental, average player, however he is consistant. He's a player you plug in and don't worry about. and I'll tell you hoops, not every team is going to be pro bowl talent at every position, and with Gerbal Wilson still fresh on my mind, i'll take a player back there that can be counted on to follow his assignments and doesn't get beat when the ball goes to his assignment. reload, see if one of the young guys shows enough to move on from clemmons next season, that works for me.

i make it easy cause i don't buy bunk...miamis buying time at free safety...i don't blame em...but like crowder and some of these others before it won't be long before they decide they want more playmaking and game changing play at free safety...the guy doesn't make plays on the ball doesn't create turnovers...ball skills are not good for a free safety...is what it is...i'm glad he's back but this is no stud free safety either...plays the ball well when it's in front of him...late on stuff at times too cause the instincts and feel just aren't very good...

Not selling bunk, just asking who you would have replaced him with, and 10 other safeties who had better years? Simple questions.

one year rental, average player, however he is consistant. He's a player you plug in and don't worry about. and I'll tell you hoops, not every team is going to be pro bowl talent at every position, and with Gerbal Wilson still fresh on my mind, i'll take a player back there that can be counted on to follow his assignments and doesn't get beat when the ball goes to his assignment. reload, see if one of the young guys shows enough to move on from clemmons next season, that works for me.

no argument...my point though stands that unless you make plays on the ball in the passing game given that positon you will pretty much always grade out as average...he was solid in 2012...no argument...

Not selling bunk, just asking who you would have replaced him with, and 10 other safeties who had better years? Simple questions.

well considering we run a hybrid free and strong safety thing here under coyle i'm sure i can think of 10 guys i'd take over him...10 guys who impact the game more at the position and make plays vs the pass...

well considering we run a hybrid free and strong safety thing here under coyle i'm sure i can think of 10 guys i'd take over him...10 guys who impact the game more at the position and make plays vs the pass...

Top ten, as per PFF:

Weddle- 3 picks

Byrd- 5 picks

Jones- 4 picks

Rhodes- 4 picks

Mikell- 0 picks

Ward- 1 pick

Nelson- 3 picks

Wilson- 0 picks

Clark- 2 picks

Moore- 1 pick

Clemons had 2.

I get what you're getting at, for me personally i'm not sure its something that's worth debating SB2. I like clemmons, and to quote starship troopers, he's our safety until we find someone better or he's dead. We'll probably do our best to find someone else (contingent upon his progress) next season. This season there were too many holes that Ireland wanted to fill, and clemmons already had experience in the system, thus potential to improve.
Top ten, as per PFF:

Weddle- 3 picks

Byrd- 5 picks

Jones- 4 picks

Rhodes- 4 picks

Mikell- 0 picks

Ward- 1 pick

Nelson- 3 picks

Wilson- 0 picks

Clark- 2 picks

Moore- 1 pick

Clemons had 2.

Top ten, as per PFF:

Weddle- 3 picks

Byrd- 5 picks

Jones- 4 picks

Rhodes- 4 picks

Mikell- 0 picks

Ward- 1 pick

Nelson- 3 picks

Wilson- 0 picks

Clark- 2 picks

Moore- 1 pick

Clemons had 2.

Stats are useful but should only be used to a certain extent

I get what you're getting at, for me personally i'm not sure its something that's worth debating SB2. I like clemmons, and to quote starship troopers, he's our safety until we find someone better or he's dead. We'll probably do our best to find someone else (contingent upon his progress) next season. This season there were too many holes that Ireland wanted to fill, and clemmons already had experience in the system, thus potential to improve.

Agree, not worth a debate. Just pointing out that there are not many good safeties out there, which is why Clemons gets a high rank.

For another example, there are some on the OL who are in the top half in rankings but, they have negative grades in doing so. It's not that they are great or, even VG players, just what they are compared to the rest at their position.

It's a bit like Wake. He was ranked #1 but, the #2 was half as good, while being #2.

Top ten, as per PFF:

Weddle- 3 picks

Byrd- 5 picks

Jones- 4 picks

Rhodes- 4 picks

Mikell- 0 picks

Ward- 1 pick

Nelson- 3 picks

Wilson- 0 picks

Clark- 2 picks

Moore- 1 pick

Clemons had 2.

alright it appears you are gonna make me go thru the entire league and tell you who's a better football player at safety than chris clemons...and that's fine i will do just that...but i can't do it at this very moment...

i know one name that i don't see mentioned that stands out already though is rodney mccloud in atlanta...he's a better football player any day...i will put the list together though for you as soon as i can

Stats are useful but should only be used to a certain extent

Agree but, is that not what some posters are pointing to? A guy plays very well in coverage and run support but, does not have the INT's everyone would like.

alright it appears you are gonna make me go thru the entire league and tell you who's a better football player at safety than chris clemons...and that's fine i will do just that...but i can't do it at this very moment...

i know one name that i don't see mentioned that stands out already though is rodney mccloud in atlanta...he's a better football player any day...i will put the list together though for you as soon as i can

I've never heard of Rodney Mccloud, but Thomas Decoud is a damn good football player.

Thanks Hoops, I look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom