Chris Grier: “I don’t want to pick 11th.” & Other Notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier: “I don’t want to pick 11th.” & Other Notes

I thought he was talking about giving our pick to the Eagles for nothing since the Dolphins are the Eagles farm team.
and don't forget that as the dynamic duo were busy negotiating their way into being Howie Roseman's Wentz stepping-stone for Maxwell and Kiko, we were letting Miller walk, desperately needed a RB and apparently didn't even ask about exchanging 4th rounders for Murray like TN did.

I didn't think we'd top last season WITH a healthy 17, because at the end of the day our best players were playing beyond their means & we played worse teams majority 2016.

And when Tanny, went down and we brought in Cutler...I'd argue that we overacheiced at 6-10!

I thought he was talking about giving our pick to the Eagles for nothing since the Dolphins are the Eagles farm team.

Not true at all, in fact we are the ones who are screwing them but nobody cares because they are winning and we are not. They will lose very soon with Nick Foles though (probably 1 and done), and they will lose Ajayi in FA shortly after because they have cap issues and he isn't good enough to resign, especially with those knees and that attitude. You could argue they got us by trading Kiko and Maxwell, but we lucked out by getting Tunsil at 13th so that trade really benefited both teams in the end. The Eric Rowe trade on the other hand was terrible for them and great for us. All they have left to show for it is a 2018 4th, and we got Phillips, McCain, and Lippett. Some farm team we are for them lol, Philly is still as far away as ever from a SB. Wentz is no Marino either, but much like Marino, I could see him having trouble ever replicating his sophomore season success. That team is headed for cap hell, when they lose Brandon Graham in 2019 because they have never paid him fairly it will all start to fall apart...

Last edited:
Gase saying Ryan is the starting QB could come back and bite him. He said the same thing last year. We need to address the position early in the draft.

Not true at all, in fact we are the ones who are screwing them but nobody cares because they are winning and we are not. They will lose very soon with Nick Foles though (probably 1 and done), and they will lose Ajayi in FA shortly after because they have cap issues and he isn't good enough to resign, especially with those knees and that attitude. You could argue they got us by trading Kiko and Maxwell, but we lucked out by getting Tunsil at 13th so that trade really benefited both teams in the end. The Eric Rowe trade on the other hand was terrible for them and great for us. All they have left to show for it is a 2018 4th, and we got Phillips, McCain, and Lippett. Some farm team we are for them lol, Philly is still as far away as ever from a SB. Wentz is no Marino either, but much like Marino, I could see him having trouble ever replicating his sophomore season success. That team is headed for cap hell, when they lose Brandon Graham in 2019 because they have never paid him fairly it will all start to fall apart...
Yeah we really screwed them when we gave them a 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley...he was a great QB for us.
We really made out when we took that horrible Byron Maxwell salary off their hands so they could get rid of a bum CB and free up more cap space and when they gave us Kiko Alonso who didn't fit their scheme cause their scheme requires their linebackers to cover TEs and actually tackle people.
We got a heck of a deal when we gave them a pro bowl RB for just a 4th round pick...a late 4th no less. Don't mind the trade of the player, don't like the value. A real GM would have gotten at least a 3rd.

Yep...definitely win-win in all those scenarios.

I’m surprised this same bad take is still being used. The best players on this team are young guys outside of Suh. All drafted by this current GM or acquired by this GM.

We have a few nice pieces. Ireland found a few of those aswell, so did Hickey.

None has come close to building a functional team. The fo's failure to address the D last year is inexcusable and I will be stunned if they fix it this year either.

Greir isn't the problem. Tannebaum is.
Grier has been here longer than Tannenbaum and he was the head of college scouting. He had a big hand in all those drafts Ireland had, including that 2013 debacle. His ineptitude is only compounded by adding Tannenbaum to the mix.

Greir isn't the problem. Tannebaum is.

Both should be gone and Grier wouldnt even have had a shot at getting our GM job without Tannenbaum.

For gods sake the Browns are building a drastically better fo than ours.... the Browns

Yeah we really screwed them when we gave them a 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley...he was a great QB for us.
We really made out when we took that horrible Byron Maxwell salary off their hands so they could get rid of a bum CB and free up more cap space and when they gave us Kiko Alonso who didn't fit their scheme cause their scheme requires their linebackers to cover TEs and actually tackle people.
We got a heck of a deal when we gave them a pro bowl RB for just a 4th round pick...a late 4th no less. Don't mind the trade of the player, don't like the value. A real GM would have gotten at least a 3rd.

Yep...definitely win-win in all those scenarios.

I will give you A.J Felley, that goes back a while now but point taken. I'm talking about the moves this regime has made with them though, as Howie and Tannenbaum have history together going way back. I also disagree that Jay Ajayi was not a good value for a 4th rounder, in fact I think that is the best thing we accomplished this entire eason. With that move, we discovered Drake and got desperately needed draft capital. They got a RB who is a liability in the passing game, has attitude and fumble problems as seen in their win over Chicago. And on top of all that only has 1 year left on his contract and knee concerns to bout. Sure if he helps them win their 1st SB ever (HAHAHA) it was a GREAT move by them, but I somehow find that unlikely. Instead it will just be another waste of much needed draft capital by Howie, similar to when they "fleeced" us with the Rowe trade. We are still reaping the benefits of that.

I hope he's not talking about moving up from 11. We need all the freaking picks we can get with all the holes on this team. Last thing we need is to give picks away once again

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom