Chris Herndon?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Herndon??

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Any Cane fans or those with draft knowledge have any thoughts on adding tight end Chris Herndon as a day three draft pick. I know he's coming off an injury, but he seems to worth consideration as a developmental receiving tight end. I was surprised to see him listed at 6'4/ 6'5 250. He didn't appear to be that big. If the team decides to pass on some of the better tight ends should they consider him as a cheaper option.

I'd love a look at Gesicki. Local guy to me and can catch like a beast although blocking needs work. Should kill the combine as he is a physical specimen. Penn State.

I sure wouldn't mind Herndon. IDK if it was because the Canes coaching and QB sucked but something I noticed about his game was he was rarely thrown to in the seam or anywhere in traffic. Most his catches were from short throws looking for YAC.

If he can't high point a ball and catch in traffic then we already have enough Hbacks in Gray and Derby.

I sure wouldn't mind Herndon. IDK if it was because the Canes coaching and QB sucked but something I noticed about his game was he was rarely thrown to in the seam or anywhere in traffic. Most his catches were from short throws looking for YAC.

If he can't high point a ball and catch in traffic then we already have enough Hbacks in Gray and Derby.

Mmhh, not quite 'high pointing' but nice. I like his body type and muscle tone. He looks super nimble if not fast for a guy his size. I see him testing real well. He might shoot up draft boards. I think he'd be in play in the 4th along with Wilson and Brenneman.

Mmhh, not quite 'high pointing' but nice. I like his body type and muscle tone. He looks super nimble if not fast for a guy his size. I see him testing real well. He might shoot up draft boards. I think he'd be in play in the 4th along with Wilson and Brenneman.
He can high point the ball, he's very sure handed. I don't remember him dropping a single pass this season and I know when he got hurt the running game suffered a lot. He's an underrated blocker.

I've seen Breneman play against South Carolina and he had issues getting separation, he's a lot slower, at least play speed, than Herndon. 4th round is where I expect Herndon to go.

Had season ending knee injury. SHould be back in time for camp, but I wouldn't be shocked his he was very limited in pre-draft work.

If he can't work out then he'll go late. Wilson will be ready on time to work out (I think) since he got injured too and would go above him.

There are a bunch of kids that will fall through the cracks cause they got injured at the worst time. Wilson, Herndon, Goolsby...

I'm thinking 5th round at best with a chance of him dropping to the 6th or 7th. I've seen som reports saying he could go in the 4th, but that too high imo.

I've mentioned him a few times. Versatile player. Can play fullback. In fact, during many Canes games I wanted him at fullback. Notice he wears #23.

I would be surprised if he doesn't have a nice career. You can stick him at H back or split him out and he won't look silly. Smart coachable player. Willing blocker. Not really a deep threat but very clever on short routes, either inside or toward the sideline.

Canes players out perform their draft status. If you rely on that instead of searching for exceptions or reasons to think it won't hold up this time, you'll be rewarded.

don't mind but Miami will need to address it also earlier or in FA. depth is what we need

Gives me some Charles Clay vibes when he came out of Tulsa.

I think Miami is content with Gray in a similar role. Think Gase is looking for a more Julius Thomas body type for his seam threat TE.

Always welcome more Canes though. Herndon is a solid player.

I knew I saw H back from him mostly.

To me he looks like one of those players you have to be careful not to assume that because he was used in a limited role in college as evidence he can't do more. At 6'4/6'5 250 pounds he seems to move well and has decent hands. I think he could have been more productive if used differently. I always go back to the fact that Roge Craig and Marcus Allen didn't catvh a lot of passes in college and people were questioning them as receivers going into the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom