Chris Long rumor. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Long rumor.

gdiaz0358

Rookie
Reaction score
hi guys im a first time poster here so dont kill me on this 1. ive been on this website getting the latest dolphins info for a while now! well what i have to say is that this past saturday my g/f best friend met chris long @ a club and all he would tell her is that he is the # 1 overall pick and he plays or is playing for the Miami Dolphins. i dont know if parcells and co already contacted him and told him we are taking him with the #1 pick or he was just trying to look impress, but according to what she told me hes a dolphins. take it for what its worth. thanks

While I agree the Fins will drafting Long, it will be Jake and not Chris. I highly doubt he would start telling people he is the #1 pick. He thinks he is the #1 and for good reason, but I dont believe this story for a minute.

I just gave a bum some change and he told me his name was Lucas and that he was the starting QB for the Dolphins. I am skeptical but he did look really shifty. ;)

damn tough crowd huh? oh well just trying to give you guys some 411..

Don't mind them. The people that posted want other players other than C. Long at 1 :lol:

I'm sure Reggie Bush told dozens of women the same thing a few years back when he was 'certain' he's be taken by Houston at #1.

I'm wouldn't doubt that the Dolphins FO has talked to Chris and put the idea into his head that he's going to be a Dolphin, but there's so many scenarios that will take place between now and draft day, I'm sure not even Parcells has settled on ONE player yet.

Not that I am disagreeing with the report. It could very well be true. However, I will remind people that Braylon Edwards through he was going to Miami until he heard the words "Ronnie Brown" come after "the Miami Dolphins select"

Not that I am disagreeing with the report. It could very well be true. However, I will remind people that Braylon Edwards through he was going to Miami until he heard the words "Ronnie Brown" come after "the Miami Dolphins select"

How True...and you could say...when Quinn heard Ginn and Family...Yikes!

Sounds like a poorly executed pickup line to me. Just give me a Long, I don't care which one anymore. They both fill needs.

I believe it is common practice for the team with the #1 pick to contact several of the top candidates for preliminary contract negotiations... it's also known as a smoke screen so other teams that pick near the top have no idea who will get drafted ahead of their pick... it helps with trading :)

Back
Top Bottom