Chris Mort on Espn 32 on Ryan T | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mort on Espn 32 on Ryan T

Per Mort, Tannehill's receivers have been praising his improvement in downfield accuracy and getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion. Increased play-speed will be a must for Tannehill behind the Dolphins' dodgy offensive line. Despite all the sound and fury surrounding the Dolphins' free-spending offseason, their hopes in a weakened AFC East live and die with their second-year quarterback.

i think we are in good hands.

the amount EARLY HYPE is scaring me.

were winning the divison. our qb is the most improved player in the nfl and a sure pro bowler. our wr core is best in the afc east. our safety's are best in the nfl.

lamar miller will be a 1400 yd back, ireland is an evil genious unwrapped from bill parcells, etc........ .

i have seen this to many times over the years with teams that all of a sudden are paper champs. shorts and classroom is all that has been done so far and we all know when the pads are on and the REAL hitting and covering starts, things can and do take a bit of a different course. and most times for the worst with the early super hype teams.

i do think the team has improved. but, i am NO WHERE NEAR anointing us afc east champs and putting tanny in the pro bowl. resead jones is a keeper for sure but his partner is dime a dozen. gholston should have been the teams #1 free agent acquisition. THEN we could have started talking about our safetys making a dent in the nfl hiarchy. our cb's have a whole lot of issues and the ones we are counting on have SERIOUS injury concerns.

just to soon for this amount of praise and hype. it ALWAYS scares me.

He basically just said our fate lies with Tannehills progress which is probably true.

i don't mind the hype for a change since usually the national media has few good things to say about the Fins.
Hopefully the team buys into it and actually proves them right this year.

I cant believe he had only 1 300 yard game. And that was actually around 430 yards or something. He was only a few yards shy of breaking the rookie single game passing record held by Cam until Luck came around and took it.

the amount EARLY HYPE is scaring me.

were winning the divison. our qb is the most improved player in the nfl and a sure pro bowler. our wr core is best in the afc east. our safety's are best in the nfl.

lamar miller will be a 1400 yd back, ireland is an evil genious unwrapped from bill parcells, etc........ .

i have seen this to many times over the years with teams that all of a sudden are paper champs. shorts and classroom is all that has been done so far and we all know when the pads are on and the REAL hitting and covering starts, things can and do take a bit of a different course. and most times for the worst with the early super hype teams.

i do think the team has improved. but, i am NO WHERE NEAR anointing us afc east champs and putting tanny in the pro bowl. resead jones is a keeper for sure but his partner is dime a dozen. gholston should have been the teams #1 free agent acquisition. THEN we could have started talking about our safetys making a dent in the nfl hiarchy. our cb's have a whole lot of issues and the ones we are counting on have SERIOUS injury concerns.

just to soon for this amount of praise and hype. it ALWAYS scares me.

I 100 percent fully understand where your coming from. For me though and I think I can say this for many Fin fans is this time around it just has a different feel to it. I can't exactly put my finger on why maybe it's that I have a belief in Tannehill that I haven't had in a quarterback to start a season other than maybe Pennington in his second year. Whatever it is tho i'm more confident about my team this year than I've been in a very very long time.

I didn't like that snide little comment he made at the end that, we will only win two more games than last year due to Wallace and only him no one else. **** that guy

I think Ryan has the right personality to handle the pressure. He seems just naturally confident. I also think that it we will ten games this year. I bet we go on a real win streak this year. I'm calling 6 straight. I love this team we've got now. So much energy and optimism, to go with lots of talent and good coaching, I finally feel excited about this team again. Turns out I've been faking it for a while. Now I feel the real excitement.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I have had hope for our team before but what really makes this season more promising for me than most is having Philbin. I like his demeanor and his view on how a team should perform on and off the field professionally. Otherwise they are out the door.

I'm both excited about this year and at the same time, as NRA pointed out concern...There's two things right now, the LT position and Tannehill....Those 2 seem to be the key to our season, and both were just okay last year to me..I want for more than anything that Tannehill becomes our Franchise QB..been a long time coming..if he is, then I'm stoke.. Martin has put on weight and done his power lifting, now does it translate to the field..once those questions are answered for me this preseason, then I really look forward to the regular season.

RT really improved down the stretch and can't wait to see what he can do with improved WR corp. Hell he made Hartline a good WR, the running game concerns me. Really hoping for Leach to open up holes but if he was going to sign in Miami he would have by now. I would be shocked if he ended up anywhere other then Baltimore.

If Joe thought Martin was going to be an ongoing issue another player would be there in his stead.

I'm not a huge fan of hype, but for the first time in years I have completely put my faith in Philbin and Tannehill, even though they haven't proven much. History dictates that this is an imprudent decision and it will only serve to destroy my hopes once again, but things feel different around this organization. The culture seems so different surrounding the Dolphins. Can't freaking wait for the season to start.

I don't think our off season was perfect by any means, but I do think we made more positive moves than negative, and I think (on paper) we're a significantly better team. When I say "on paper," that isn't a jab. Even if we did have a perfect off season, we could only say that we're better on paper - until the games start. I'm not ready to anoint us anything, but I'm optimistic.

As for Tannehill, I think he'll be the franchise, but it'll come down to how he grows between the ears. Physically, he has everything you can ask for.

Back
Top Bottom