Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets requests trade to Magic, Lakers, or Knicks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets requests trade to Magic, Lakers, or Knicks

They've got him locked up for at least two more seasons so hes in no position to demand anything. After this season he'll have some leverage and they can start looking around.

Guess he can't win on his own. Looks like he wants to go and ride the coat tails of Kobe Bryant or Dwight Howard. Sounds like he's trying to put together his own trio in New York with Carmelo, Amar'e and himself.

Classless, right? CP3 should stay in New Orleans and win a title all by himself to prevent a tarnished legacy. Non-competitor IMO.

Guess he can't win on his own. Looks like he wants to go and ride the coat tails of Kobe Bryant or Dwight Howard. Sounds like he's trying to put together his own trio in New York with Carmelo, Amar'e and himself.

Classless, right? CP3 should stay in New Orleans and win a title all by himself to prevent a tarnished legacy. Non-competitor IMO.

Except that Chris Paul is on an awful team, and LeBron was on a team that led the league in wins two seasons in a row.

Except that Chris Paul is on an awful team, and LeBron was on a team that led the league in wins two seasons in a row.

Don't let numbers cloud your vision, my friend. That Cleveland team was AWFUL. I watched several games last season where dudes just stood around waiting for LeBron to win games and he did. LeBron got stuck with a big *** Carrottop and Jamario Moon. Team was the biggest fraud I've ever seen. Think Los Angeles Lakers the year after Shaq left. Cleveland was built for the regular season.

We all talk about the Jets here and how they aren't as good as everyone says they are or what their record indicates and blah blah blah. "Paper champions." At least they have some stud names on that roster.

Don't let numbers cloud your vision, my friend. That Cleveland team was AWFUL. I watched several games last season where dudes just stood around waiting for LeBron to win games and he did. LeBron got stuck with a big *** Carrottop and Jamario Moon. Team was the biggest fraud I've ever seen. Think Los Angeles Lakers the year after Shaq left. Cleveland was built for the regular season.

We all talk about the Jets here and how they aren't as good as everyone says they are or what their record indicates and blah blah blah. "Paper champions." At least they have some stud names on that roster.

Of course they were built for the regular season. Doesn't mean they weren't a good team. LeBron carried that team to the finals, but couldn't pull it out. He quit on the team last year. His legacy is tarnished, and only Heat fans fail to recognize that.

That's nonsense. I've defended LeBron no differently than I did three years ago. I'm not your typical "fan." You won't find anyone who will bash the Dolphins and bash the Hurricanes more than I will.

And how about Kobe quitting on the Lakers? Remember that? He took ONE shot in the first half against the Suns. Refused to shoot the ball. Threatened to leave Los Angeles. He quit on the Lakers didn't he? The only difference is that he stayed in Los Angeles. Well of course he stayed in Los Angeles lol. Who wants to leave Los Angeles? It's one of the greatest cities in the world. Cleveland...eh...they've got a lake or something. Los Angeles is a very attractive free agent destination. You REALLY have to overpay to get a big name free agent to Cleveland.

Fans, both Heat and fans of the NBA in general, fail to understand that LeBron's legacy is not tarnished. LeBron's legacy is LeBron's legacy. He controls his legacy. It is what he makes it. And if what he ultimately wants is championships and less money, then that's for LeBron to decide. It's his life so it's his legacy. The view of a player's legacy is so overblown it has become retarded. Fans get so upset that it's all about money and then a guy like LeBron who is at the top of the basketball world takes less money and is willing to defer to win; the fans kill him. LeBron can't do anything right.

And forget the hype. That's all created by you and the media. So if LeBron doesn't live up to the hype then it's the fans fault that he didn't because the hype is relative to each individual person. LeBron doesn't see hype. LeBron isn't stepping on a court to fulfill the hype that the fans and media have created. He's not here to leave some legacy for us to debate over.

Lebron was on the team with the best record in the league a few years in a row. Paul was on am average team at bet, so I don't mind if he's looking at other teams.

Lebron was on the team with the best record in the league a few years in a row. Paul was on am average team at bet, so I don't mind if he's looking at other teams.

That Cleveland team was a fraud. A bunch of scrubs standing around waiting for LeBron to win them games. Just like the scrubs in New Orleans do with Chris Paul. Same situation. It's pretty damn impressive that LeBron was even capable of taking that sorry *** team to the best record in the league. I didn't think he was that good.

That Cleveland team was a fraud. A bunch of scrubs standing around waiting for LeBron to win them games. Just like the scrubs in New Orleans do with Chris Paul. Same situation. It's pretty damn impressive that LeBron was even capable of taking that sorry *** team to the best record in the league. I didn't think he was that good.
Both teams are very similar in the way that they counted on one player to win them the game. With how much the Cavs counted on Lebron I'm impressed that they had the best record in the league a couple years in a row.

What it all comes down to is Chris Paul isn't 1/10 the superstar LeBron is. Nobody in the history of sports was hyped as much as LeBron coming out of high school. He's had the spotlight on him since middle school. He was supposed to be the next greatest thing, and now he's just a sidekick. Like I said, his legacy is tarnished. Not just because of becoming a sidekick, but with the whole "The Decision" bull****, people are starting to see him for the narcissistic jackass that he is. Only Heat fans fail to see it, but the rest of the country does.

The fans and the media created the hype; not James lol. LeBron James was and is a GREAT player. Media has changed over the years. Jordan would have gotten the same treatment had media had this much power back in the 1980's. Don't hand me this hype bull****. And I was the very first one to criticize James about his one hour special. I criticized him before and after the special. I'm a Heat fan. I thought it was classless to go on national television and do what he did. But that's me. If he wants to do that then it's him. And LeBron is gonna do LeBron and he should worry about LeBron and LeBron only. To hell with everyone else. If people cam to my job and watched me work all day I'd still do what I do how I do it and wouldn't try to please anyone. My life. I gotta go home sometime and I'm not coming home to a bunch of goober fans complaining because I left the town they can't leave.

The fans and the media created the hype; not James lol. LeBron James was and is a GREAT player. Media has changed over the years. Jordan would have gotten the same treatment had media had this much power back in the 1980's. Don't hand me this hype bull****. And I was the very first one to criticize James about his one hour special. I criticized him before and after the special. I'm a Heat fan. I thought it was classless to go on national television and do what he did. But that's me. If he wants to do that then it's him. And LeBron is gonna do LeBron and he should worry about LeBron and LeBron only. To hell with everyone else. If people cam to my job and watched me work all day I'd still do what I do how I do it and wouldn't try to please anyone. My life. I gotta go home sometime and I'm not coming home to a bunch of goober fans complaining because I left the town they can't leave.

LeBron James legacy is tarnished, no matter what, and that's the point I'm trying to make. I don't blame him one bit for chasing a ring by going to Miami, and would have lost even more respect had he gone to a team completely devoid of talent like the Knicks so he can feed his ego in a big market. But I won't be so naive as to think his legacy isn't tarnished in the eyes of most sports fans.

as a Magic fan i would love to have him and howard on the same team that would be sick

Back
Top Bottom