Chris Warren III???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Warren III????

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see former Texas running back Chris Warren III turned pro this week. He didn't have a good senior year, but at 6-1 250 he would be a real nice late day 3 draft option for the backfield. Should be able to get him for a 6th or 7th based on his poor senior production and deep running back class. He might not pan out, but would be worth a late round investment in my book. He joins Jarvion Franklin, Kamryn Pettway and Ryan Nall as grinder day three options I'd be interested in.

I like the way he's built and the way he moves. He doesn't necessarily look like a behemoth in obvious ways, unlike for example a Derrick Henry whose frame is more or less 'experimental' when it comes to seeing if he can be a good tailback in the NFL. This monstar is more like Jamal Lewis.

This running back draft has a decided lack of size in it. The "big" ones are really just medium sized for the NFL. On that basis, I could see Warren getting pushed up as one of the few compelling, legitimately big backs.

He was about midway down my underclassman RB rankings this time nearly a year ago. Towards the end of his freshman year he looked like the better back even over D'Onta Foreman. But he never developed. I finally took him off.

Lazy and a little uncoachable. Doesnt put in the work to be a better player. Won't take care of his body. Always hurt. Nothing like his dad.

He was actually transferring out of Texas and switching positions before deciding to enter the draft...for whatever reason.

Check out Mark Thompson if you're looking for a big banger with some pop to him.

Back
Top Bottom