Cian Fahey: What Does Jimmy Garoppolo Offer the New England Patriots? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cian Fahey: What Does Jimmy Garoppolo Offer the New England Patriots?

TheWalrus

1/7/14
Reaction score
Jimmy Garoppolo is a 24-year old, former second-round draft pick who has thrown 31 passes in his NFL career to this point. Save for a Supreme Court ruling, Garoppolo will open the season as the New England Patriots starting quarterback in place of Tom Brady.

That should terrify the Patriots.

http://presnapreads.com/2016/07/13/what-does-jimmy-garoppolo-offer-the-new-england-patriots/

The short answer is: not much. Many amusing gifs in this piece. Such as...

Awful.gif

Some bad coverage reads...that 4th and 4 decision is brutal vs that coverage...he's late outside the #s which is a disaster waiting to happen...the ball dies on him in the air vertically down the field

Watching those cut ups I can see why the pats invested a day 2 pick in a qb

Those cut ups read exactly like you better stay ahead of the sticks and the scoreboard or its gonna be ugly...as fahey said

I'd be surprised if the pats didn't try to work on the throwing velocity with a lot of core work this last offseason...

new year another year in the system so you never know but it's hard to be encouraged watching that

Some bad coverage reads...that 4th and 4 decision is brutal vs that coverage...he's late outside the #s which is a disaster waiting to happen...the ball dies on him in the air vertically down the field

Watching those cut ups I can see why the pats invested a day 2 pick in a qb

Those cut ups read exactly like you better stay ahead of the sticks and the scoreboard or its gonna be ugly...as fahey said

I'd be surprised if the pats didn't try to work on the throwing velocity with a lot of core work this last offseason...

new year another year in the system so you never know but it's hard to be encouraged watching that

Had the same thought. Also his throwing mechanics need work. He's not bringing his legs with him on most of his throws. His back leg is coming up rather than being used to push off which means he's the only power he's getting is from his arm and from torquing his upper body. Unless you've got Dan Marino type arm strength that's not gonna work.

Tom Brady has masterfully good mechanics when it comes to the lower body so maybe that's what the Pats are relying on. They better hope he can get it sorted.

Yeah i agree hes not bringing his legs...he wasnt bringing them in college either

With the Pats knowing there was a decent chance Brady would miss 4 games, Im kinda surprised they didnt try to sign a QB this offseason so theyd at least have something to work with if Garoppolo didnt improve.

Back
Top Bottom