Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer not a good fit for the Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer not a good fit for the Miami Dolphins

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Carson Palmer used to be a top flight quarteback in the NFL. He is no longer. He might be just first sexy name we'll hear this offseason of a once-good quarterback looking for a home. Easy to connect the Miami Dolphins to him or others considering their situation.

Palmer just doesn't have it anymore though. In fact, I'd argue the former #1 overall pick was never that great to begin with. He had one outstanding season, followed by a pretty good one. That is pretty the extent of it. He threw 20 INT last year, the second time he's had that many in his career. He threw some really terrible passes last year too, some that were mind-numbing interceptions, others that missed wide-open targets completely.

http://www.espn1080.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=5&post_id=1578

carson palmer may not be that good anymore, certainly not even close to the level he was at pre his achilies injury in the playoffs in 05, but one thing i know for certain is that he is an upgrade over chad henne and is better than vince young.

knowing we basically have no shot at a top qb in the draft bc there are really none this year, i say we make a move for palmer and he can fill the void for a year or 2 before we get our hopeful franchise qb. again, hes an upgrade, which does not say much, but nevertheless, an upgrade.

Anyone who has watched Palmer play the past 2 years, cannot think he'd be a good fit anywhere. He is the most overrated QB in the league by far. And no, I don't want Vince Young here, but yes I'd rather even him.

To give up anything for Palmer would be a big mistake and set us back for as long as he starts, if not more depending what we'd have to give to get him.

Carson Pamer is the Jim Harbaugh of QB names this season . . . . the Josh McDaniels of OC's . . . he is the name that everybody remembers from being a #1 pick and at one time being considered a top 5 QB, and he is the guy fans will come in and say "this front office doesn't have a clue if they don't bring him in." Most people saying this haven't watched him play this past season and just want to further back there opinion of Henne sucks.

Now I agree he needs a change of scenery from Cincinnatti . . . but that change of scenery is to the NFC West . . . and to trade for this guy and pick up that salary is beyond retarded. If he gets cut, that is another story, but that won't happen.

Sounds like out QB, and interception machine with no accuracy.

Options are slim, if we want to be competitive next year we need a signal caller that has experience. Even for a 'washed up QB', he still put up 26 TD's last year. Henne's career high is 15. And for the bad rap Palmer gets he has never had a season with more INT's than TD's. (excluding his 4 game 2008 season) Henne has done that in both season's he's been the starter. Switch Henne's stats with Palmers' last year and I would wager we'd have won at least 3 more games. 'Washed up' is better than what we have, imagine if our offense put up 11 more TD passes to just 1 more INT.

Back
Top Bottom