Cinderella Team in 2012? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cinderella Team in 2012?

Will the Dolphins be the Cinderella Team in 2012?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • No!

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dolphins improved way too much this offseason to not have any hopes of a contender type season.

-We got rid of chad henne and tony sparano, the 2 main problems with the miami dolphins.
-We added A great coach and offensive mind Joe philbin as our new heach coach and also added a 1st round qb to our roster tannenhill(whether he will be ready or not for this season is not known yet but still something to be excited about)
-We added richard marshall, another good corner.
-We added lamar miller, a potential 1st round running back gotten for a 4th round pick. A true homerun threat. Reggie and lamar will be skysthelimit if phiblin pounds the rock.
-Our defense needs an offensive to feed off, if philbin improves this offense with all these new weapons, our defense will be that much better. Our defense with sparano and henne was dead, unmotivated and out of shape. Defense knew our offense sucks, so whats the point of them getting turnovers for henne to just give the ball right back to the other team?

Even with all the new weapons, the #1 im excited about is joe phiblin, if you want to be a debbie downer and say were a 4 win team, go ahead, doesnt bother me at all, but it wont change my faith in philbin and what i believe is a capable 10-6 contender potential team. Tony sparano makes the dolphins look that bad, that is why i have high expectations for this team.

Using that line of thinking, we will never be better than other teams. We improve, so do they.....

We've closed out more than the last half of the season outplaying 2 of our 4 divisional competitors playing .667 ball. Ditto Moore vs anyone in divisional QBs not named "Brady." If T/Hill steps in at any point, it'll indicate that the position will be even an upgrade beyond that status quo.

We lost Marshall which looks like a blow, but lets see how our new sure-handed TE does, how Clay develops, whether Gates or one or 2 of our new WRs pick up the slack in our now superior coach's scheme. Our running game now includes a bonefide Home Run hitter and a year of understanding how to get the best out of Reggie. Hopefully it'll also include a healthy season for Thomas who showed much promise when healthy, so the running game should be a strong suit against just about anyone in the division on its own as well as aiding and abetting the passing game.

We have fortified the OL with another year under the belt of our stud center and through the addition of a first round talent who was instrumental in Luck staying upright and becoming the number 1 draft pick. Fasano is an excellent blocking TE so now that he can concentrate more on that role, that will also help fortify the OL. Did I mention that Jake says he's now healthy for the first time since Sparano ruined him in exhibition game 4 2 seasons past?

IMO the biggest hit we took on the defensive side was losing Nolan and the flux that comes from transitioning into a hybrid defense. Those could be issues. Personnel wise, we've resigned a better than average and athletic NT, added 2 potential pass rushers which can only help out our elite one in Wake, a more competent corner -slash nickel back; safeties do remain a concern. Hopefully Dansby will report in shape and Burnett will get going a lot faster than last season as IMO it's no coincidence that once these guys worked their way into shape, the unit performed better.

While you could have inserted even Dick Kotite in to replace the Meatball and it likely would have been an upgrade, we have a smart, universally professionally respected replacement who played an instrumental role in GB becoming an offensive juggernaut, (and is credited by the great Aaron Rodgers as playing a major role in his professional and personal development), so sight unseen I cannot see how that's not a major improvement in general and specifically, in sidestepping boneheaded field calls during crunch time.

Yes it's true other teams have gotten better too, but it's also true we performed more than half the season better than most of the other teams in the league, so I think some of the pessimism is both naturally hard-wired and as likely if not more so to be misplaced. That's not to say I think we'll end up in the post season, but that's not to say either we won't if we can pick up where last season left off, as I'm firmly convinced that if the Meatball had conducted an open TC QB competition, we'd have been playing for a Wild Card playoff spot in game 16 instead of merely being the spoiler. This time last year, SF was going through a lot of flux, was also a 6-10 team, going 5-4 over their last 9 games, with a new smart incoming HC, an undependable QB they were trying to draft out from, a strong running game, a better than average defense, and some questions surrounding under-performing receivers. Sound familiar?

^ Appreciate the breakdown Vaark, I always enjoy listening to your quaint witticism's ^^b

Well said Mr Vaark....here's to at least hoping Philbin will have close to the effect Harbaugh had in SF his first season.

Yes the Fins will be a cinderella team, let's just hope the Superbowl is played before midnight or we'll lose a shoe

While I would love it for the Dolphins to make the playoffs, I just don't see them doing it this year. So many changes, so many needs. Optimistically I would say 9 wins, but more likely 7-8 wins. I do think Carolina may have a break out year and win their division or at least make the playoffs.

I voted "Other". The Fins can't be the Cinderella team in 2012 because the Bills will be.

I voted "Other". The Fins can't be the Cinderella team in 2012 because the Bills will be.

Buf isn't a cinderella team, according to Bills fans they will be 12-4 and go to the Super Bowl!

Buf isn't a cinderella team, according to Bills fans they will be 12-4 and go to the Super Bowl!

They must be drinking from the same wishing well as their cross state conference rivals.

They must be drinking from the same wishing well as their cross state conference rivals.

obviously, everyone knows Miami will beat the Bills in the AFC Championship game en route to their 3rd SB title.

obviously, everyone knows Miami will beat the Bills in the AFC Championship game en route to their 3rd SB title.

I don't see that happening this year, but it will happen before the Jets get back into the AFC championship game.

This sounds like last year with a bunch of homers who thought we were going to the playoffs...right before we went 0-7. It really doesn't matter how good the fools think this draft was...the other teams improved also...and we didn't improve any more than they did. Next year will only be slightly better than last year, and could be even worse if Tannehill starts.
it's so funny I remember when you were the biggest homer on here, and now you are nothing but negative

Back
Top Bottom