CJ Anderson stays in Denver | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CJ Anderson stays in Denver

What a mess. And in the time it's taken to not spend money on a position that is only a half-need, almost all the linebackers, guards and corners which actually are a desperate need are gone.

It's been some time since I felt as bad about a Dolphins roster as I do right now. The interior o-line is horrendous. The defensive backfield is paper thin and severely lacking in quality. We have only two pass rushers on the roster, both of whom over 30, one who elected to not grind last year and the other coming off a messed up achilles. And lastly, the only upgrade to the worst linebacker corps I have ever seen in my life is a guy who has missed 21 of his last 32 games - behind him we've actually got worse at linebacker.

I know there's a long time to go before the season but it's almost impossible to see how they fill all these holes before the season starts to me. Why oh why didn't they just eat the big Suh year in 2016?

Disappointed but a good bid.

I would pivot to Arian Foster.

You guys are kidding me...this move was going to make or break our team? Jeez, even Denver took until the last minute to decide if he was worth it.

This was expected, tbh. The longer they took to decide, the bigger the chances they would match. Don't really get why people are surprised?

It's not like it was a MONSTER contract like Clay's last year, of course they were going to match.

Good! We didn't overpay for an OK running back. Instead, Denver did. The problem with this fan base is that there's ZERO confidence that this wonderful football team/front office can ever go out and get a guy who can play. We always feel we have to overpay to sign a guy who did (fairly) well somewhere else. Then he steps into this offense with no where near the talent around him or behind center, and he's a JAG. Gee, go figure.

Congrats, Elway! You did what we normally do (and just about did again)

Now, let's go find a back with fresh wheels in the draft!

Disagree, the FO has shown time and time again that they don't know how to plan. We knew last season the G and LB talent wasn't sufficient and those two things specifically sank the ship for last season.

If they were going to "poison pill" the contract they needed to do more, DEN saw that they were going to lose arguably their best offensive talent during the post season and stepped up to pay $6 million for the first year and then $3.5 Million after - that is not overpaying.

I'm pissed. We should have kept Miller or come up with a better offer for CJ. There is not another RB in FA I'm excited to have on this team.

Back
Top Bottom