Clarett To Challenge NFL Age Rule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarett To Challenge NFL Age Rule

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
CBS just said that Clarett's lawyer faxed a request to the NFL asking them to drop their early entry rule. NFLPA chief Gene Upshaw said no sir. Then Clarett's lawyer mentioned a lawsuit. Paul Tags said he will talk to them this week.

I hate this. If this jackass gets his way, it opens the door for a bunch of kids to infiltrate the league.....and lowering the quality of play (see NBA). If he wants to play pro, he needs to take his azz to Canada. Otherwise, go to Grambling.

There is no place for him in the NFL. This ain't baseball or basketball. This is a physical sport. He'd get his butt whooped.

Originally posted by Muck
CBS just said that Clarett's lawyer faxed a request to the NFL asking them to drop their early entry rule. NFLPA chief Gene Upshaw said no sir. Then Clarett's lawyer mentioned a lawsuit. Paul Tags said he will talk to them this week.

I hate this. If this jackass gets his way, it opens the door for a bunch of kids to infiltrate the league.....and lowering the quality of play (see NBA). If he wants to play pro, he needs to take his azz to Canada. Otherwise, go to Grambling.

There is no place for him in the NFL. This ain't baseball or basketball. This is a physical sport. He'd get his butt whooped.

Agreed. It was mentioned elsewhere that based on Doug Williams' (the Grambling coach) actions, it is possible that tampering of some sort took place. So who knows if he will even end up there. If you goes to Canada, at least he gets to play for a champion.

Kids under 20 years of age (I guess thats what we are talking about here) haven't yet reached the kind of physical maturity to withstand the rigors of the NFL. If this gets approved the NFL is not only in danger of becoming a complete farce, but also opening young kids up to some bad injurys, maybe even death in the extreme case. Heck, you want guys playing in the NFL who can't even legally drink?!?

First of all, Maurice is a GREAT, GREAT running back. His numbers speak for themselves. I watched every Buckeye game last year, and there is DEFINITELY a place for him in the NFL. The kid is an absolute STUD. Without him, OSU doesn't win the National Title. There is still a chance that Maurice stays in Columbus. I personally hope he does. We allowed him to keep his scholarship which we were originally taking from him. He is just a young kid, and he really didn't do anything that most college stars don't. He just got caught because we were put under the microscope after the National Championship. He just wants to play, and if bridges aren't mended at Ohio State, he might not see the field FOR 3 YEARS!!!!! I see his point.

I don't think people pay Clarrett his due... he's absolutley INCREDIBLE. I would say better than McGahee, who seemed to get all the attention last year... But, I also think the NFL is pretty tough... and he would have a tough time in the NFL... I guess only time will tell...

Ain't it peculiar that the only two people that are pro-Maurice on here have 'Buckeye' under their avatar?;) Sorry, he reminds me of Lawrence Phillips.:rolleyes:

I don't think he'll be returning to Ohio State. He just sued them this morning. Clarrett is good, but to call him "Absolutely Incredible" is a bit much.

There were several running backs that outplayed him last season. Granted he is a freshman, but with his decision making he is not ready for the NFL either physically or obviously mentaly.

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Ain't it peculiar that the only two people that are pro-Maurice on here have 'Buckeye' under their avatar?;) Sorry, he reminds me of Lawrence Phillips.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I think one reason that we are the 2 pro-Maurice people here is because we actually watched him everey single week. You guys saw highlights and everything... but, besides the National Championship game, how many OSU games did you watch? I'm not bashing you guys, but... it's quite simple to understand why we think he's as good as he is...

My take on Clarett being mentally ready... he's probably not... I think the NFL would be a big shock to him... but I don't wanna say that he couldn't handle it... because... I guess part of me thinks he could...

UPDATE!

The NFL is actually going to MEET with Maurices lawyers... I thought for sure they would just say NO NO NO... a meeting has to mean something though, doesn't it?

The main reason for all this is because he violated NCAA rules, lied to the cops, took gifts, and embarrassed his school and coach. I don't see how Ohio St. fans can show much support to a guy who offered their program a load of controversy and dishonesty just before bailing out. I'm not a Huricane fan, I just really like college football and Clarrett has been somewhat of a punk since he started having success. He cried on the sidelines when he got benched. Then, when his replacement scored a touchdown, he was caught on camera making faces and being annoyed while his team celebrated the win. He might be talented but, c'mon, this guys got the maturity of a kindergartner and I hope they let him in the NFL and he gets worked.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life

Honestly, I think one reason that we are the 2 pro-Maurice people here is because we actually watched him everey single week. You guys saw highlights and everything... but, besides the National Championship game, how many OSU games did you watch? I'm not bashing you guys, but... it's quite simple to understand why we think he's as good as he is...

My take on Clarett being mentally ready... he's probably not... I think the NFL would be a big shock to him... but I don't wanna say that he couldn't handle it... because... I guess part of me thinks he could...

Marino... your biased in your thoughts.... had this cost your team the National Championship Title, you more than likely would not feel the same. The mere fact that he may not be mentally ready is reason enough for him to sit and get his head together. He needs to mature.... this is the only way that these kids figure out that it's not all about the money.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life

Point well taken:cool: I wonder how much teams would regard his 'you will let me play or I'll take legal action against you' attitude during the draft.:confused:

Goldfish, good point. Had his actions cost us the title, I would've been ready to see him go. But you have to admit, he is a great back.

Jaydog, good point... when I posted my last post, he hadn't sued the NFL yet... I don't think that was a smart idea

Back
Top Bottom