classic gus quote.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

classic gus quote..

marinotoclayton said:
yeah but I would start questioning my Qb after if there were alot. Instead of just here and there. Just because he knows the system the best does not necessarily make him the best.

marino constantly went after receivers that did not go where they were supposed to. And he also admitted fault when he screwed up on a throw.

I'm sure Saban has but when you have what is supposed to be an ELITE WR on your team in CC QB will never be where the blame game will start or should ever start.

ohall said:
I'm sure Saban has but when you have what is supposed to be an ELITE WR on your team in CC QB will never be where the blame game will start or should ever start.

I look back at Fiedler and his years with some of his receivers. The one that really sticks in my mind is Oronde. Oronde saved Jays butt many times. With many of his catches. if you ever get a chance . Look at Cards of wide receivers during Jays years and look at where the ball is. Especially Orondes . I would say 90 percent of Orondes cards are of him really reaching to get a ball. Now if that isnn't something that will get a receiver killed I don't know what will. And oronde wasn't even an elite WR. but he was good at catching balls that were high.

Now this might not be the same kind of thing with gus but I would still be watching him real close.

ohall said:

so of course, we should blame CC when gus misses booker or mcmichael or brown or welker or really anybody... yeah, that makes some sense.

DPlus47 said:
so of course, we should blame CC when gus misses booker or mcmichael or brown or welker or really anybody... yeah, that makes some sense.

No we should just continue to make excuses for CC forever.

DPlus47 said:

Exactly. The problem isn't just one WR. Its beyond that. Its the WRs/TEs/RBs that have all had to make diving catches/attempts to catch the ball. We'd have to assume that Gus is accurate and everyone around him is not running the correct route. That doesn't add up, especially, when Gus has a history of accuracy problems.

ohall said:
No we should just continue to make excuses for CC forever.

cc doesn't have anything to do with passes not intended for him. i'm sorry your disappointment that he hasn't become the next (insert-elite-name-here) is clouding your ability to see clearly.

shellgh0st said:
Exactly. The problem isn't just one WR. Its beyond that. Its the WRs/TEs/RBs that have all had to make diving catches/attempts to catch the ball. We'd have to assume that Gus is accurate and everyone around him is not running the correct route. That doesn't add up, especially, when Gus has a history of accuracy problems.

ronnie's diving third down reception in week one was cc's fault. if chambers were an elite WR, brown would have caught the ball in stride and taken it to the house.

this is fun!

thecoordinator said:
reporter: How do you look at your ugly performance last game (Chiefs), because it seemed like more than any game this season you just missed some passes?

gus: Yeah I missed some throws last game. And um, you know, you just miss some sometimes.

miss some sometimes? :shakeno:

you cannot blame gus all the time

dominizzo said:
you cannot blame gus all the time

he doesn't deserve all the blame, but he is having problems with his game, that's clear. the o-line isn't helping a lot, and the receivers have made their share of mistakes, but there have been a lot of plays left on the field thanks to throws that just aren't getting there. saban must believe that sage can't do it any better. we'll have to wait and see.

sports aren't played in a vacuum. there are probably 4 or 5 things that go wrong on every play for every team.

a WR isnt always going to be in the planned spot at the planned time, but if he's open and the Qb gets the ball out cleanly, he has to make the pass.

there aren't tons of plays the fins run that are dependant on perfect timing. if its a double move or a go route, the qb has to get the ball to the wr. or if the WR is open in the end zone, you dont one-hop it

ohall said:
What is wrong with that? If you know the reason some of the throws that looked to be over thrown or under thrown were not your fault I see nothing wrong with that type of response.

All I know is Gus is the preson who knows this offense the BEST and if a throw looks to be totally blown he is not the 1st person I would think of blaming.

Clue: when a ball hits the ground 5' in front of a receiver, open in the end zone, IT isn't the receivers fault.
When a receiver is wide open running down the sideline and Gus throws it 5' over his head. It isn't the receivers fault.

what did you want him to say?

"i didnt miss any, your just blind"...

sometimes the QB does miss the reciever. that doesnt make him an idiot.

Even in the games we won, half his completions were spectacular catches of errant throws. I mean wasn't his only TD in preseason caught by a guy who wasn't the guy he was throwing to?

Yeah, he just misses sometimes.

And some QBs miss more than others.

Back
Top Bottom