Clayton Article: 2012 Landscape Hinges on Barkley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clayton Article: 2012 Landscape Hinges on Barkley

Forget Barkley. I just can't trust any QB prospect that comes out of USC. Sanchez? Leinart? Palmer? Cassel? All solid backups if you ask me. If we wanna be great, not good, for the next 15 years, we need to aim high and go after Luck.

Clev having 2 1st is big...I wouldnt trade up for n e QB but Luck. Middle of the 1st I might take a shot at RG3 or Jones, but both are questionable that high. RG3's size, i dont care what he is listed as hes is a thin dude and Jones' completion % is low and INTs too high. Between the 2, Id rather have RG3 I guess.

Clev having 2 1st is big...I wouldnt trade up for n e QB but Luck. Middle of the 1st I might take a shot at RG3 or Jones, but both are questionable that high. RG3's size, i dont care what he is listed as hes is a thin dude and Jones' completion % is low and INTs too high. Between the 2, Id rather have RG3 I guess.

You are right, I wouldnt want a small Drew Breese either because he is 6'1. (Sarcasm).

Barkley is the guy. Period.

Forget Barkley. I just can't trust any QB prospect that comes out of USC. Sanchez? Leinart? Palmer? Cassel? All solid backups if you ask me. If we wanna be great, not good, for the next 15 years, we need to aim high and go after Luck.

While we do learn from the past, you can't argue against Barkley. Not only has Barkley put up impressive numbers, he has done so for a team that really has nothing to play for. They have been sanctioned by the NCAA and are unable to participate in a bowl game. There aren't many players on that USC team that are well-recognized. Barkley's receivers have played exceptionally well, but I also attribute that to the shear brilliance of Barkley's play. I love what I see from the kid. He has fundamental mechanics. He has a good release. He has impeccable ball placement. He throws a nice spiral. He looks comfortable in the pocket. He isn't afraid to get in a guys face to tell him to do his job. I really can't tell you any negative qualities that I see in Barkley.

Besides the argument of "former USC quarterbacks haven't produced great careers," there isn't much negative you can say about the kid. He is, without a doubt in my mind, the second best quarterback in this draft.

So this is how you evaluate a QB?

:lol:

thats why people stayed away from Aaron Rodgers... the whole Cal/Tedford QB history... look how that turned out

Note: I am not saying Matt Barkley will be the next Aaron Rodgers, just comparing situations, just wanna clear that up before I get called an idiot and get quotes of, "Matt Barkley is no Aaron Rodgers, *******!"

Back
Top Bottom