Clumpy, is your Cap numbers 100% correct? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clumpy, is your Cap numbers 100% correct?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if you are 100% sure of your numbers since you have us about $12 million over while I saw the Miami Hearld a few weeks back had us over by $17 million.

No....and I do not claim to be 100% accurate. I do the best I can with whatever information I am able to accumulate.

The $17 million is inaccurate because they do not adjust for "top 51" rule

"Top 51" rule is top 51 cap charges plus bonuses for those players not within top 51

Nublar7 said:
I was just wondering if you are 100% sure of your numbers since you have us about $12 million over while I saw the Miami Hearld a few weeks back had us over by $17 million.

I don't usually answer for Clumpy but I am online and restless.

2005 Salary Cap Explanations & Footnotes (updated 2/3/05)
2005 SALARY CAP PAGE EXPLANATIONS

DISCLAIMER: Much time and energy has been put into producing this cap page. Yes, its accuracy is contingent upon the many public resources available, thus, the information is NOT 100% correct and there is no attempt to portray it as such. The discrepancies are most likely directly proportional to the accuracy of the bonuses, the amount and how they are applied to the cap.

References and links will be added to help explain the basics of the cap and to give credence to the numbers presented for each and every player. Some links cover a number of players because they are members of the same draft class.

The salary cap page remains a work in progress. The content and style will be evaluated so as to produce the best page possible. Please send any questions, comments, or suggestions about the cap page to Muck, AJ, or myself via PM. General cap questions can be addressed by simply asking a question in the salary cap forum. Aqua, Merman, or myself will be able to take a stab at answering it for you.

Thanks for your interest and I thank AJ and Muck (among others) for the opportunity to provide this information for y'all

Clumpy

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=57995

This is true of every cap chart you see on the net.

http://profootballsalarycap.blogspot.com/2005/02/unofficial-cap-pages-for-nfl-teams.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Nublar7 said:
Ok, smarty pants for pointing out my stupidity to read the info on the top. :goof:

Not my intention to make anyone feel stupid. It is my style to use someone's quote to say something for them or to reinforce my point. :)

I do understand the top 51, etc. and my relpy from Cole was that the $17M. was from the NFLPA. It was left unclear if that number was for March 1, or before the season starts. In any regard, if it's sooner or later, the money has to be trimmed. Based on your knowledge, which far exceeds mine, is this accurate?

where will the 4 million cap savings on Chambers plus the release of Jay Williams and Autro Freeman put us at? that should be about a 7 million cap savings I think

Back
Top Bottom