Clutch Encounters: Week 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clutch Encounters: Week 15

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
Pretty good recap of the close games this past weekend.

"Any time I post the table of active quarterback records in fourth-quarter comeback and game-winning drive opportunities, someone's jaw drops when Aaron Rodgers is spotted near the bottom. This is old hat for Green Bay fans familiar with my work, but one thing you can never say has been a problem for this team has been finishing against the Bears and Lions in the division. Rodgers has 16 game-winning drives now, and 10 of them are against Detroit and Chicago (five each). Rodgers is 10-4 (.714) at game-winning drive opportunities against the Bears and Lions, but 6-32 (.158) against the rest of the NFL in his career."

Amazing that Rodgers is so good against those 2 teams and bad against the rest. Kasmar keeps a spreadsheet of active QB's Game Winning Drives and I remember Ryan being slightly above Rodgers. I'd like to see the updated chart. I'm sure Ryan has moved up the list with his many GWD this year.

"Season SummaryFourth-quarter comeback wins: 66
Game-winning drives: 75
Games with 4QC/GWD opportunity: 137/224 (61.2 percent)
10+ point comeback wins (any point in the game): 32 (and one tie)"

More than half the games this season have come down to the last team having the ball having a chance to win. The Dolphins are 7-2 in their close games this season. Hopefully we've had our share of close games and the rest are all blowout Dolphin wins. :up:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2016/clutch-encounters-week-15

If this was posted by Scott Kacsmar it's worth pointing out that he used to post like a maniac on KFFL about how Tom Brady was a bad (system) quarterback and Aaron Rodgers sucks.

He is a Steelers fan and KFFL was infested with obnoxious Packers fans and I think that explains why he hates both of those guys so much.

To his credit, he does understand the statistical tools he uses and he posts some interesting stuff, but he's kind of a blowhard moron.

Back
Top Bottom