Clyde Christensen press conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clyde Christensen press conference

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Clyde consistently gives some of the better press conferences. This one is full of positives for all of the optimists on FH.
Enjoy...

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/statuses/860882298337501184

Summary of the key points:

1) Tunsil - high confidence he makes transition to tackle

2) Happy with the acquired depth at Guard

3) Healthy DeVante Parker with better lifestyle(?), he has the ability to be the #1 WR on team

4) Huge statement by team in re-signing the free agents - delighted that Kenny Stills is back

5) Julius Thomas impact could be big - total professional who Gase knows inside out - quoted Peyton Manning, that Julius' ability to figure things out is very high

6) Seeing Tannehill fully healthy is the best news of all

7) Biggest jump is from first to second year and young receivers like Carroo and others, will see a huge improvement

8) RBs - can be a very deep room - he likes the kid from Michigan with the big body (Smith)

9) Jay Ajayi is in 50% better shape than a year ago - No question Ajayi will be better

10) Big problem from last year was the lack in # of offensive snaps. Want to improve by 200 over the season.

11) Jakeem Grant - He is a gimmick guy but want to find more ways to get him on the field because of his big play potential - want to occasionally put him outside because he's a scary guy one on one with his speed. Also made comment that pound for pound, Jakeem is actually the strongest guy on the team.​

"10) Big problem from last year was the lack in # of offensive snaps. Want to improve by 200 over the season."

CRITICAL - glad that this is on their minds!

Damn I'm hoping Jakeem's light turns on. Imagine the mismatches and the chunk yardage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope jakeem gets some serious preseason work. I want a glimpse of what we have in him.

This is an impressive collection of skill position players we've amassed. I don't understand how Isiah Ford went as late as he did. His balls skills are reminiscent of Chris Chambers. I already liked Leontee Carroo's all-around skill set and Jakeem Grant's explosiveness.

Parker, Landry, Stills, Carroo, Grant and Ford....dare I say most talented WRing core we've ever had and quite possibly the best unit in the NFL currently.

These youngster's will be pushing Parker, Landry and Stills for playing time. Amazing if you consider that those 3 are youngster's themselves.

Now we got a legitimate chance to add more depth like this at most positons. So long as we keep drafting well and the players succeed, Miami can stop swinging for the fences in FA.

Now we got a legitimate chance to add more depth like this at most positons. So long as we keep drafting well and the players succeed, Miami can stop swinging for the fences in FA.

finally...

I get the impression that Grier is a bit more logical in his Draft selections than Ireland and Hickey. Stuck to his board and selected multiple value picks, e.g. Tankersley, Asiata and Ford. It takes years to accurately assess the Draft selections but I get a sense that the odd wacko picks and FA signings from left field have ceased.

I could not be more optimistic after years of buffoonery starting with Wandstadt.

My take is quite the opposite here. Once you get everyone in place with adequate depth is when you swing for the fences to acquire one, maybe two, top notch FA's that can push your team over the top.

@spiketex big thanks for these posts lately breaking down interviews and conferences, much appreciated.

I am 100% confident in DVP being a top 10 receiver this year.

I don't think he can get the targets needed to be a top 10 receiver if Landry stays healthy all season. I can't think of a top 10 guy who didn't lead his team in targets. I'm also not sure Landry would except playing second fiddle to Parker. It will be interesting to see how the target numbers play out for Landry, Parker, Stills and Thomas. Miami may have paid a lot for Stills to be a #4 target, not to mention Drake being more involved in the passing game as a receiver too.

If we have far fewer 3 and outs, reach that 200 more snaps, they will see more targets.

Back
Top Bottom