Coach Gase talks to the press 5/31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Gase talks to the press 5/31

This guy is in complete control. He tells us a lot, but you can tell it's just a fraction of what he knows he could tell us. One part honesty, one part propaganda, one part coach-speak ... well, it's a more enjoyable formula than we've gotten from a coach in a while. And he's by far the best coach we've had since the legend that is Don Shula, the greatest and winningest coach of all times.

This guy is in complete control. He tells us a lot, but you can tell it's just a fraction of what he knows he could tell us. One part honesty, one part propaganda, one part coach-speak ... well, it's a more enjoyable formula than we've gotten from a coach in a while.
Such a good way to put it. Love watching him over someone like.... failbin

I have one concern with Phillips. He says he understands he needs to get to 320 to be more effective. He weighed 340 last year and now he's still at 340. Why hasn't he been trying to lose a few LB's before camp ?

I honestly couldnt love our coach anymore than I do. He is the one. Also, I love that he's sporting the old logo on hat and shirt. I got both of those items...

I have one concern with Phillips. He says he understands he needs to get to 320 to be more effective. He weighed 340 last year and now he's still at 340. Why hasn't he been trying to lose a few LB's before camp ?
"336"

But yeah you've had MONTHS dude...

The only thing I can think of is that this came via the coaching staff recently when everyone reconvened for OTA's and was not a revelation that Phillip's had over the course of the offseason. Otherwise it is all just talk on his end for not getting a jump start on the situation.

Love that he's rocking the old logo gear, Gase knows what's up.

Also, I love that he's sporting the old logo on hat and shirt. I got both of those items...

You have that same hat? Where did you find it & do you remember what its called? TIA

I have been looking for that hat for a month. I live next to training camp & check every week. All I can find is the one w/ bigger dolphin and orange bill:
shopping

This one requires Zubaz pants

I asked the same question in another thread. I have no idea what weight he is at currently or what he was last year. Listed weights/heights are not always that accurate and I have never heard a coach tell anyone what he weighed in at but I may have missed it. He was 329 at the combine.

I saw something that said he was 335 last year down 5 lbs from the year prior...

I saw something that said he was 335 last year down 5 lbs from the year prior...

That's right. That must have been from the article where he said he wanted to drop weight. 315 seems a little light for a 6'5 guy but maybe that will help his endurance and quickness. Sounds like a 3-4 DE. The way he rag-dolled OL'men on occasion last year was impressive. You would think with that kind of ability it SHOULD continue to get more consistent.

That's right. That must have been from the article where he said he wanted to drop weight. 315 seems a little light for a 6'5 guy but maybe that will help his endurance and quickness. Sounds like a 3-4 DE. The way he rag-dolled OL'men on occasion last year was impressive. You would think with that kind of ability it SHOULD continue to get more consistent.
He rag dolled incognito and they had a few words after the play. I thought they were about to brawl

He rag dolled incognito and they had a few words after the play. I thought they were about to brawl
I'd love to see that replay. Wish we still had cog but I like to see him taste his own medicine every now and again. Especially after reviving his career in ****ing Roughalo of all places

Back
Top Bottom