Coaching Carousel 2015 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Carousel 2015

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tim Beckman fired by Illinois preseason.

Randy Edsall fired by Maryland. Long time coming as Under Armour wants to invest in the program like Nike did with Oregon and they hated Edsall.

One day after being forced to take a leave of absence, Steve Sarkisian was fired by USC. Sark IMO is a solid coach, but his drinking problem became a huge issue including him being drunk during the ASU game, passing out after the Washington State game, being drunk at a booster's banquet preseason, and showing up to campus yesterday drunk.

North Texas opened up as well.

Other jobs expected to open; Purdue and Rutgers.

Maybes: Miami, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia

Hot names will include Justin Fuente, Mario Cristobal, DJ Durkin, Tom Herman, Kyle Whittingham (whose had a feud with the Utah AD for a while), and who knows who else.

Randy Edsall fired by Maryland. Long time coming as Under Armour wants to invest in the program like Nike did with Oregon and they hated Edsall.

One day after being forced to take a leave of absence, Steve Sarkisian was fired by USC. Sark IMO is a solid coach, but his drinking problem became a huge issue including him being drunk during the ASU game, passing out after the Washington State game, being drunk at a booster's banquet preseason, and showing up to campus yesterday drunk.

Hopefully: Miami
Maybes: Texas, South Carolina, Georgia

Hot names will include Justin Fuente, Mario Cristobal, DJ Durkin, Tom Herman, Kyle Whittingham (whose had a feud with the Utah AD for a while), and who knows who else.

I corrected that for you.

Brady Hoke seems to feel he belongs as a head coach in a Power 5 conference.

Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Maybes: Miami, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia

Wittingham to USC I bet. They need to get away from the Pete Carroll tree.

O'Leary at UCF is stepping away at the end of the year, maybe. He wants to be the AD. He was the interim AD up till last week when he decided to step away from that. I love UCF but we are a

images.jpg

Brady Hoke seems to feel he belongs as a head coach in a Power 5 conference.

Miami?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Wittingham to USC I bet. They need to get away from the Pete Carroll tree.

I'd love to see it just to see Da U fans here have the migraines we had the last 2. If he gets a power 5 job it's for a lower team that just wants to be .500.

Matt Campbell should get a lot of looks too, young coach whose doing good things at Toledo.

Frank Beamer retiring at season's end and I don't know if Bud Foster is still a lock to get the job

Tracy Claeys named permanent HC for the Gophers. 2 losses so far but had the team playing hard and almost got 2 upsets. Can't complain

This is going to be the most interesting college coaching carousel in a long time. Will be interested in seeing what happens at VT. Beamer has been in Bobby Bowden-mode circa 2005-2009 for a few years now. I think they'll be really good if they hire the right guy.

A lot of rumors about people going after UF DC Collins right now which makes sense. That's someone we could afford to lose as we could simply promote Randy Shannon to that position and be done with it.

This is going to be the most interesting college coaching carousel in a long time. Will be interested in seeing what happens at VT. Beamer has been in Bobby Bowden-mode circa 2005-2009 for a few years now. I think they'll be really good if they hire the right guy.

A lot of rumors about people going after UF DC Collins right now which makes sense. That's someone we could afford to lose as we could simply promote Randy Shannon to that position and be done with it.

Yeah it'll be interesting, I've heard rumors about some teams sniffing at DJ Durkin too but people close to Michigan feel like Durkin will be picky about jobs similar to how Pat Narduzzi was.

The names to watch closely are Justin Fuente, Tom Herman (though I doubt he leaves Houston after one year), Matt Campbell, PJ Fleck, Matt Rhule, and Dino Babers as mid major coaches to jump to bigger schools. In terms of coordinators? That's tougher but IMO you'll hear Durkin, Collins, Kendall Briles, and Chris Ash thrown around a lot.

Back
Top Bottom