Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cody Parkey is the Bears top kicker target Update: deal done

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports free agent Cody Parkey is the Bears' "top target" at kicker.
The Bears cycled through multiple kickers last season, including Mike Nugent, Connor Barth, and Cairo Santos. They'd like to stabilize the position with Parkey. Parkey went 21-of-23 on field goals for Miami last season. Mar 12 - 11:22 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...free-agency-sammy-watkins-20180312-story.html

Let him go. "It's ok, he wasn't a game changer". Even though he executed 4 successful onsides kicks, since the team promptly threw picks each time, blowing the comeback chance, he didn't help us win. Not a game-changer man -just let him walk.

Let him go. "It's ok, he wasn't a game changer". Even though he executed 4 successful onsides kicks, since the team promptly threw picks each time, blowing the comeback chance, he didn't help us win. Not a game-changer man -just let him walk.

There's a difference. He's probably not asking for top-5 money at his position. Cough Landry cough

There's a difference. He's probably not asking for top-5 money at his position. Cough Landry cough
Ha-ha - but, he had a great year so he'll be expensive as far as kickers go... Hey, one move like Landry I can stomach. Ajai, Landry, Suh - can't make this stuff up...

Ha-ha - but, he had a great year so he'll be expensive as far as kickers go... Hey, one move like Landry I can stomach. Ajai, Landry, Suh - can't make this stuff up...

Did the offense not improve a whole hell of a lot after the Ajayi trade?

As far as Suh goes, I'm sure a lot of fans weren't keen on him making as much as he did. $26M for a non qb is pretty ridiculous

Did the offense not improve a whole hell of a lot after the Ajayi trade?

As far as Suh goes, I'm sure a lot of fans weren't keen on him making as much as he did. $26M for a non qb is pretty ridiculous

Reality set in. Suh, did his job. But things never improved on his side of the ball. Nevermind the fact the defense by midseason spent so much time on the field because the offense couldn't get a 1st down or score, they were virtually a gassed dummy tackle.

As a Suh fan, I hate to see him trashed or made irrelevant. But his skill set wasn't the issue, nor the contract.

Excuse me, Parkey won that game for the Dolphins when he was the Cleveland kicker.

Reality set in. Suh, did his job. But things never improved on his side of the ball. Nevermind the fact the defense by midseason spent so much time on the field because the offense couldn't get a 1st down or score, they were virtually a gassed dummy tackle.

As a Suh fan, I hate to see him trashed or made irrelevant. But his skill set wasn't the issue, nor the contract.

have to agree he produced on the field, but can't agree that the contract wasn't an issue.

He was yet another 'we're just one or two guys away' GM delusion, probably reinforced by 'pressure up the middle is Brady's kryptonite' story line -- making that trip to the playoffs all that more certain. If he delivered that AND the rest of the team did their part, it wouldn't have been that bad a deal. Who wouldn't trade a bit of success NOW for a year or three in cap hell down the road? It doesn't matter that the team was no where near ready to challenge the pats and it wasn't his fault, that contact has a bite and Suh's overall value to a middling team is far, far less than his cost.

have to agree he produced on the field, but can't agree that the contract wasn't an issue.

He was yet another 'we're just one or two guys away' GM delusion, probably reinforced by 'pressure up the middle is Brady's kryptonite' story line -- making that trip to the playoffs all that more certain. If he delivered that AND the rest of the team did their part, it wouldn't have been that bad a deal. Who wouldn't trade a bit of success NOW for a year or three in cap hell down the road? It doesn't matter that the team was no where near ready to challenge the pats and it wasn't his fault, that contact has a bite and Suh's overall value to a middling team is far, far less than his cost.

My only issue is the trashing of the player.

Nevermind the position.

As for Parkey, in today's reality, spend within reason. Who knows outside of Davie?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom