Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Hard Offensive Facts from the Sentinel

The fact of the matter is..... the QB is average..... the play calling is based on the trust of the offensive staff and the HC... and it's "evident" Henne isn't high on the trust list.... thus vanilla.

With 2:34 left to play... decent field position and the two minute warning to stop the clock... Henne had all the ingredients to show he knows how to get it done.... and he sh*t the bed..... he lacks the "intangibles".

Poor execution on the throw to BM for the TD... like the HC said.... "we make that play a million times in practice".... The "evidence" is mounting.... the Parcells remark is gaining a platform....

We have an issue at the QB position.... I don't like it... we'll see.

i mean will never know,but who knows how our offense does on those drives that would have been if ginn does not return the kicks. also jason taylors fumble recovery. i mean its hard to see. either way we found a way to put 30 up.

Our D dominated your offense that day, your only scoring drive came after a fumble that we recovered was given back to you(funny, I don't remember complaining about that one:D).

The fact of the matter is..... the QB is average..... the play calling is based on the trust of the offensive staff and the HC... and it's "evident" Henne isn't high on the trust list.... thus vanilla.

With 2:34 left to play... decent field position and the two minute warning to stop the clock... Henne had all the ingredients to show he knows how to get it done.... and he sh*t the bed..... he lacks the "intangibles".

Poor execution on the throw to BM for the TD... like the HC said.... "we make that play a million times in practice".... The "evidence" is mounting.... the Parcells remark is gaining a platform....

We have an issue at the QB position.... I don't like it... we'll see.
imo, you're barking up the wrong tree, TDA

dan henning is ruining chad henne. the guy is a 30+ yard play kind of quarterback, not chad pennington. the game that i think shows this is the one against the jets. henne can throw the ball deep with the best of them. he isnt a west coast offense kind of guy. he is more of a ben roethlisberger/ carson palmer kind of guy. we are a low risk, low reward offense. take some damn chances!! high risk, high reward.. i mean, he doesnt have to be mike martz but at least let him show off his arm strength.. the guy usually completes the ball deep.. how many times has henne thrown an incompete pass over 30 yards? stop holdin back, time to let it rip
but we have no 30 yard + receivers...

but we have no 30 yard + receivers...

With few exceptions... Henne has yet to show he has long ball accuracy... has he been working on it from day one... yes..... has he proven he can execute in games.... no.... do we have the compliments at WR.... probably not....

This is not a knee jerk observation..... Henne has issues... some created and some just part of the DNA.... but an issue it is... just the same.
that's my point- he is not an unknown. we have seen him put up big numbers and win against top talent both in Miami and Michigan. he is more than capable

I agree that the offense is abysmal when it comes to scoring points but c'mon now, we played the top ranked defense in the league and scored more points on them than any other team! Don't just tell one side of the story if you're gonna start a thread about it!

And if the refs made the right call this wouldn't even be an issue right now.

It's henning's and sparano's fault, not Henne's. When we are ahead, we stop trying on offense, and just go 3 and out.

that's my point- he is not an unknown. we have seen him put up big numbers and win against top talent both in Miami and Michigan. he is more than capable

I grant you... he's capable....

But... to date.... there's mounting evidence.... he's not the next....

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I agree that the offense is abysmal when it comes to scoring points but c'mon now, we played the top ranked defense in the league and scored more points on them than any other team! Don't just tell one side of the story if you're gonna start a thread about it!

There are no moral W's in the NFL....

I wonder if the majority of our fans realize just how hard it is to find an elite QB.

Every team in the NFL is either trying to find one, or develop one behind the gut they have.

There are maybe 4-5 elite QB's in the league, and our fans act as if Henne isn't one we need to get rid of him tomorrow. It simply doesn't work that way.

I grant you... he's capable....

But... to date.... there's mounting evidence.... he's not the next....

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

There are no moral W's in the NFL....

imo, there is plenty of evidence to say he is

I wonder if the majority of our fans realize just how hard it is to find an elite QB.

Every team in the NFL is either trying to find one, or develop one behind the gut they have.

There are maybe 4-5 elite QB's in the league, and our fans act as if Henne isn't one we need to get rid of him tomorrow. It simply doesn't work that way.

I agree... you don't see my opinion saying get rid of Henne.... it's more an opinion and the mounting evidence he may be more to the Parcells take than the many fans on here take... we'll see

Back
Top Bottom