Colin Cowherd leaving ESPN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Colin Cowherd leaving ESPN

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Now if they can just get rid of Steven A Smith and Skip Bayless, I might go back to watching them occasionally. :up:

Looks like I'll be switching over to FOX Sports.

Very sad day for me.

I've been a huge fan of Colin for more than a decade now. I made listening to Colin every single day as much as possible practically a Religion.

Put it on at 10:00AM in the office and try not to leave until 1:00PM. When I was working the night shift I had the ESPN Insider so that I could listen to his replay.

Guy is top shelf radio. Not a fan of Fox Sports 1 so I hope they figure out how to use him right.

Sucks to see Colin go, hopefully Fox doesn't screw it up. Sounds like LeBatard might be his replacement.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
We noted Thursday about ESPN discussing moving Le Batard to 10 a.m. to replace departing Cowherd. S.I. today calls Dan "clubhouse leader."

I never liked cowherd he was all over Kapernicks jock.

Per ESPN
Colin Cowherd’s comments over the past two days do not reflect the values of ESPN or our employees. Colin will no longer appear on ESPN.

I never liked cowherd he was all over Kapernicks jock.

He also admitted he was wrong, which he does quite often. I think most people just don't like it when he says meanie things about the Phins.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Per ESPN
Colin Cowherd’s comments over the past two days do not reflect the values of ESPN or our employees. Colin will no longer appear on ESPN.

Damn. I haven't been able to listen the past couple of days. What did he say? :lol: ESPN is one of the most petty companies in the business. The way they handled Bill Simmons was evidence enough of that.

I listened to the full audio.

In a vacuum, when you say that 'baseball is so easy to understand that 1/3rd of the league is Dominican', it just doesn't come off well. He did follow it up by saying that it's because a lot of those kids do not have the same educational opportunities that many kids in other countries do have. He points out that if he said "1/3 of the league is from countries with economic hardships therefore education hurdles", it probably would not have been an issue. I'm not sure that completely exalts him because he's essentially saying the Dominican Republic is too impoverished to properly educate it's citizens. Even if that was a fairly accurate depiction, I'm not sure I would want to hear that if I was from that Country.

That said, I am not a Cowherd fan and do not watch him with enough frequency to make judgement on his character, but at a glance I do not believe Cowherd has prejudice and hate in his heart. Sometimes decent people say stupid things, and when you're on the air for four hours a day or whatever crazy amount he is, you are bound to eventually say something you regret; I know I would.

If ESPN were not actively looking to cut-costs with their top-end on-air talent, I wonder if they might have handled this slightly differently.

I'm Latino and I wasn't offended by his comment, Now was it a stupid thing to say yes only because everyone is so offended by everything these days.

It's a crock of ****.

He didn't say anything that was wrong.

Interesting that this happens immediately after he makes a deal to leave ESPN AND after he's been ripping baseball (rightfully).

it was many times that Cowherd has said something that can be seen as harmless or offensive, but probably shouldn't have been said. What got him in trouble is when he explained himself it pissed off the Dominican players even more. Colin is an... interesting case. I think at times he's very insightful and does add a good commentary to a lot of things, but I also find him very narrowminded most of the time and am not a fan of his attitude towards anything that isn't big city

Back
Top Bottom