College Coaching Carousel | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Coaching Carousel

What a terrible hire Tuner Gill ended up being. Mark Mangino must be rolling around in his buffet line.

He and Friedgen are having an "All You Can Eat" contest somewhere laughing at their last jobs.

UCLA apparently was interested in Al Golden, but apparently got told to go **** in their hats.

Maybe they'll go after Steve Sarkisian next.

I wonder who'll end up at Ole Miss? Hugh Freeze?

reportedly Larry Fedora turned them down (and if reports are true, he turned them down for Kansas) and he was the man they coveted. They're looking at Mark Hudspeth and Hugh Freeze.

UCLA is in a bit of a funk. They threw a lot of money at Pedersen and he said no. The last 2 hires they made were former UCLA players and neither really worked (of course, Dorrell wasn't bad, they just wanted to be better)

Hugh Freeze has been hired at Ole Miss. Kind of funny how Freeze was the HS coach of Ole Miss grad Michael Oher.

Also as expected Curtis Johnson has been hired to be Tulane's HC.

Steve Fairchild was fired by Colorado State. Originally he was given a vote of confidence, but with a new AD he was fired.

Unexpectedly, long time Fresno State Head Coach Pat Hill was fired. Fresno had a bad year, but they are consistently a bowl team.

Also, UCLA approached Kevin Sumlin, he said no. So UCLA has already been turned down by their top 2 candidates (Pedersen and Sumlin) much like the last 2 hires, it's on to Plan C.

June Jones is ASU AD's top choice for head coach, but the boosters want a younger coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hugh Freeze has been hired at Ole Miss. Kind of funny how Freeze was the HS coach of Ole Miss grad Michael Oher.

Also as expected Curtis Johnson has been hired to be Tulane's HC.

Steve Fairchild was fired by Colorado State. Originally he was given a vote of confidence, but with a new AD he was fired.

Unexpectedly, long time Fresno State Head Coach Pat Hill was fired. Fresno had a bad year, but they are consistently a bowl team.

Also, UCLA approached Kevin Sumlin, he said no. So UCLA has already been turned down by their top 2 candidates (Pedersen and Sumlin) much like the last 2 hires, it's on to Plan C.

June Jones is ASU AD's top choice for head coach, but the boosters want a younger coach.

UCLA was going after Al Golden as well to no avail.

wllp fllrs...won kosch yuuu waoonttt beeee seeynnn awnrnnn tht farrrrin' lynnnn es Cooch C...lol

Jim Mora Jr. is being interviewed by UCLA.

wouldn't be a bad hire. Mora has gone on record of saying he feels that his style fits better in college and I agree.

Another job opens. Greg McMacken resigned from Hawaii. He had a couple issues as head coach including using a defamatory slur and being investigated for points shaving, but he also just never lived up to the standards June Jones set forth.

Jim McElwain, Alabama's OC, is interviewing for the Fresno State job. He was their OC in 2007.

North Carolina is going to offer the job to Larry Fedora.

Texas A&M is also looking at Fedora as well as Charlie Strong and Kirby Smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldn't be a bad hire. Mora has gone on record of saying he feels that his style fits better in college and I agree.

Another job opens. Greg McMacken resigned from Hawaii. He had a couple issues as head coach including using a defamatory slur and being investigated for points shaving, but he also just never lived up to the standards June Jones set forth.

Jim McElwain, Alabama's OC, is interviewing for the Fresno State job. He was their OC in 2007.

North Carolina is going to offer the job to Larry Fedora.

Texas A&M is also looking at Fedora as well as Charlie Strong and Kirby Smart.

Hawaii job shouldn't be open for long, I think they'll promote the OC, Nick Rolovich.

Here's an email I received through Arizona State alumni from the school president, not AD. This is the first time I've received anything like this despite being around for several coaching hunts. Love the use of the term "mediocre." :d-day: It shows my awesome ability to choose my teams.

Statement from ASU President Michael M. Crow on Football Coach Search
December 5, 2011

Because of the extraordinary fan interest in Arizona State University’s search for a new football coach, I want to state what we are looking for in a new coach and for our football program. We want consistency, not a team that is up one year and down the next, not a program that has one mostly good decade followed by a mostly mediocre one. We intend to be in the hunt for the conference championship every year, winning our division and playing for the Rose Bowl.

Our objectives are long range, not short term. And we don’t want or need a quick or temporary fix. We made significant progress under Coach Dennis Erickson and indeed, that is what made this last season so disappointing. For the first eight games we were nearly where we aspire to be. But that is not enough. Now we need to progress further, and we have a nucleus of returning players and a recruiting class that has ASU positioned to move our football program to the next level.

What we seek is a football coach who will lead that effort, who will focus on the basics of building a football program that will excel over time, who will communicate with and connect to the community, who will represent the University with honor and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity, who will have a demonstrated ability to lead young men to successfully compete at the highest levels on and off the field of play, and who will teach our student-athletes to be responsible and conduct themselves at the highest level at all times.

Thank you Sun Devil supporters for continuing to be such great fans.

Michael M. Crow
President, Arizona State University

Back
Top Bottom