College Football 2005 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Football 2005

AirFishOne

3peat Big XII Champs!
Reaction score
Well, the new season is just round the corner. I was wondering what yall's opinion is on who will amerge champion this year in the NCAA. Also Hiesman canadits, Sleeper-players, and sleeper-teams. My top 10 are as follows.

1.USC- Cant argue no matter how much I hate em. (Srry USC fans) They killed my team in the Orange Bowl and they have virtually every player who won the Championchip. They will be tough competetors for a 3rd national championchip.

2.Auburn- They were deprived of a national title last year and I think that will carry through to next year. However they lost alot of good players and will have trouble replacing that lost talent they had in 2004. They will get a BCS bid but not a national title bid.

3.Oklahoma- 2 years in a row will damage you alot. They lost valuable player last yaer but on the way have very impresive replacements. Adrian Peterson will soon show us how good he really is. With a new O-Line itll be preety tough for Peterson to go 100 yards a game. They will ened up like Auburn, a BCS bid but prob not a national bid.

4.Texas- A big surprise to me at least on how well Vince Young took control of that team when they needed him. Key losses will affect them but they have a new fire with there QB. Look for them to put out no surprises this year and may have a national title in thier future. That is of course if they beat OU. :D

5.Va Tech- It shocked me on how well they played Auburn. Imo they woulda had a better shot at the title than OU. Of course losses hurt every team but look for them to go very far in this season and possibly a national title.

6.Utah- Imo they are the most overated team in the top 10. No offence to Utah fans but they played well last season but they played a much weaker team in the BCS bowl. Urban Meyer leaviung will affect them but I dont c them getting a BCS bid. Maybe a January bowl bid but it depends on how well they adapt to not having Meyer.

7.California- Played tough thorugh the beggining of the year but after not getting a BCS bid, I think the fire in California was put out and that showed when Texas Tech handed it to em in the bowl game. I c them doing a reapeat of last year.

8. Iowa- One of the most underated teams in the top 10. There game play is simply genious to say. Look for them to surprise big this year, yet a weak schedulue will keep them out of championchip contention.

9.Georgia- The reason i ranked them this high is because they r in one of the toughest conferences in football. Yet confernce rivals will have to look out for Georgia. To me they r my sleeper team.

10. Louisville- Who says defence wins championchips? Well that may be true but it doesnt hurt to have an explosive Offence. Yet i think that not having a solid D will cath up to them this year.

If this list offends (and I know there r some die hard fans out there) you im srry it is just my opinon. So what do yall think will happen? Srry it is so long.

I forgot to mention....

BCS Champions- USC over Auburn
Orange Bowl- Texas over Va Tech
Fiesta Bowl- Oklahoma over Tenesse (surprise team)
Sugar Bowl- Georgia over Iowa

Utah lost its best player and its coach, they are done. Auburn will not be 2nd, they lost there entire backfield, you cant replace that in one season. I think USC, Oklahoma and Texas will be very good. I think Michigan (as hard as it is for me to say that) will be good, Tennesse, Ohio State and Florida could be pretty good also. And you can never count out UM. Lets not count out Notre Dame though! I also dont think Cal will be that good, but they play in a crappy Pac-10 division so you never know.

These rankings are not my inal rankings. They r what I think will be at teh beggining of the year. I agree Michigan should be ranked higher but the polls will go for Utah and Michigan lost alot of talent, who knows what will happen.

WTF!! How is Miami ranked higher than OU?!?! No offence to the Cane fans here but in all respect Ou was the better team, and what is with LSU being NUMBER 2?? I understand that OU lost alot of seniors but my God! Number 12 is an insult!

The reason Tennessee is my surprise team is because they sure surprised me whne they killed Texas A&M and I thought that might carry to 2005.

Well we will just have to wait, trust me OU is better than number 12.

Vol&dolfan said:
Did u know TN has 19 of 22 starter offence and deffence returning?

I knew they had alot of talent coming back but not that much.

Once again the rankings i posted are what I belive will be official when the season starts, now if I were to put up my own rankings Tenn and Mich would be in there, but the polls i think will lean towards all of the teams up there.

Here's my top five #1 USC #2 Michigan #3 Texas #4 Tennessee #5 oklahoma.
I would like to see others post thier top five so please post!!

DonShula84 said:
I'd almost be willing to bet my life that not a single poll has Utah in the top 10.

This is the AP Preseason poll. As of now look on Yahoo sports on college football then go to rankings. I posted it here to show all.
AP Top 25 1.USC (62) 2.Auburn (3) 3.Oklahoma 4.Utah 5.Texas 6.Louisville 7.Georgia 8.Iowa 9.California 10.Virginia Tech 11.Miami (FL) 12.Boise State 13.Tennessee 14.Michigan 15.Florida State 16.LSU 17.Wisconsin 18.Texas Tech 19.Arizona State 20.Ohio State 21.Boston College 22.Fresno State 23.Virginia 24.Navy 25.Pittsburgh

Vol&dolfan said:

I agree with your poll alot.

Vol&dolfan said:

I think this looks pretty good also, but Id probably put Oklahoma ahead of Tennessee, and Id drop Michigan down a bit also.

Here are some polls I found, a lot of them have Ohio State in the top 5 or so.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/386752.html?refid=3637

Back
Top Bottom