College Football 2005 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Football 2005

FinFan90 said:
ok ok looks kool

Not to different from yours actually, just a couple of teams shuffled around. A number of teams could be put in that 7 or 8-10 range though.

No love for the Gators :shakeno: Thats fine by me, better to be the underdog. Lots of overrating going on in here.

Auburn lost its whole offensive backfield including QB, no way their a top 5 team.

Tennessee and Georgia have had ALOT of off-field problems during the offseason.

Can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

SpeedRush99 said:
No love for the Gators :shakeno: Thats fine by me, better to be the underdog. Lots of overrating going on in here.

Auburn lost its whole offensive backfield including QB, no way their a top 5 team.

Tennessee and Georgia have had ALOT of off-field problems during the offseason.

Can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Did u not c the rest of our polls, the first one i posted was the official rankings for the pre-season.

I have lots of respect for the gators, they r prob ranked a couple behind Miami at number 10 imo.

I'm going to correct myself here TN has 16 out of 22 offence and deffence returning some would say 15 but Kevin simon started last season but was injured the first game. I guess that is way some ppl say he wasn't a starter

Vol&dolfan said:
I'm going to correct myself here TN has 16 out of 22 offence and deffence returning some would say 15 but Kevin simon started last season but was injured the first game. I guess that is way some ppl say he wasn't a starter

Damn, well at least u have that many returning. OU has 2 RBs and one O-lineman returning. The D-Line has 2 guys coming back and eveything else is stacked.

We need more fan insites here, lets c we have a Vol fan, Sooner fan, Gater fan, and an Irish fan. N e Texas, USC, or Ohio State fans here?

FinFan90 said:
Damn, well at least u have that many returning. OU has 2 RBs and one O-lineman returning. The D-Line has 2 guys coming back and eveything else is stacked.

We need more fan insites here, lets c we have a Vol fan, Sooner fan, Gater fan, and an Irish fan. N e Texas, USC, or Ohio State fans here?

I know there are a few Ohio St fans around. I think LtDan is one, not sure how many people check this board though. And who cares what USC fans have to say, spoiled a-holes were probably all UCLA fans before Carroll showed up anyway :goof:

DonShula84 said:
I know there are a few Ohio St fans around. I think LtDan is one, not sure how many people check this board though. And who cares what USC fans have to say, spoiled a-holes were probably all UCLA fans before Carroll showed up anyway :goof:

Yea true those spoiled rich kids all suck.

First off, this is my top five AP poll for the end of the regular season and conference championships and before the bowls.

#1- USC 12-0 Offense will be great but the defense wont be as good as last year but still easily good enough to win the crappy Pac-10. Not really any real tough games just three road games at ASU, at Notre Dame and at Cal but with Mr. Heisman at quaterback things will be smooth sailing.

#2- LSU 13-0 Les Miles must be heaven, he gets to coach a team that has NFL type talent and two deep at every position must be nice. Only question is at QB, but after his Capitol One Bowl game performance he should be the favorite. The schedule is very favorable to the Tigers every tough game is at home which well make them very hard to beat at home.

#3- Iowa 11-0 Drew Tate will lead Iowa to the promise land except not to the title game because of lack of non-conference schedule. The Iowa defense will carry them like always behind studs Abdul Hodge and Chad Greenway. Two tough games for Iowa on the road include at OSU and at Purdue. But with there defense and the magic man Tate they will prevail. They also have Michigan at home but Ferentz doesnt lose at home.
#4- Texas 11-1 If Vince Young takes the next step up in the progression and builds on his Rose Bowl performance, he'll be the one to carry this loaded team to places they haven't been in a while which includes a win over rival Oklahoma. Only two tough games for the Longhorns which include a week two showdown at Ohio State. That will be a close game but I see OSU pulling it out with there defense. After that they have the Sooners in Dallas with Young out running Peterson for the win. After they get by Oklahoma its smooth sailing to the bowl game.

#5- Virgina Tech 11-1 Another Vick at QB means good things in Hokie land. They have some tremendous playmakers on defense, and enough talent at running back and receiver for two good offenses. With Miami and Georgia Tech coming to Blacksburg, no Florida State, and the toughest conference road games at NC State, Maryland and Virginia. Except the Hokies to be back to back ACC Champs.

Well thats it, I'm sure some disagree but there just blined by team pride.

Buckeyes Baby!! 9 returning starters on each side of the ball. Best linebacking corp in the country. 2 outstanding wr's. Watch out is all i can say

TjHawk said:
First off, this is my top five AP poll for the end of the regular season and conference championships and before the bowls.

#1- USC 12-0 Offense will be great but the defense wont be as good as last year but still easily good enough to win the crappy Pac-10. Not really any real tough games just three road games at ASU, at Notre Dame and at Cal but with Mr. Heisman at quaterback things will be smooth sailing.

#2- LSU 13-0 Les Miles must be heaven, he gets to coach a team that has NFL type talent and two deep at every position must be nice. Only question is at QB, but after his Capitol One Bowl game performance he should be the favorite. The schedule is very favorable to the Tigers every tough game is at home which well make them very hard to beat at home.

#3- Iowa 11-0 Drew Tate will lead Iowa to the promise land except not to the title game because of lack of non-conference schedule. The Iowa defense will carry them like always behind studs Abdul Hodge and Chad Greenway. Two tough games for Iowa on the road include at OSU and at Purdue. But with there defense and the magic man Tate they will prevail. They also have Michigan at home but Ferentz doesnt lose at home.
#4- Texas 11-1 If Vince Young takes the next step up in the progression and builds on his Rose Bowl performance, he'll be the one to carry this loaded team to places they haven't been in a while which includes a win over rival Oklahoma. Only two tough games for the Longhorns which include a week two showdown at Ohio State. That will be a close game but I see OSU pulling it out with there defense. After that they have the Sooners in Dallas with Young out running Peterson for the win. After they get by Oklahoma its smooth sailing to the bowl game.

#5- Virgina Tech 11-1 Another Vick at QB means good things in Hokie land. They have some tremendous playmakers on defense, and enough talent at running back and receiver for two good offenses. With Miami and Georgia Tech coming to Blacksburg, no Florida State, and the toughest conference road games at NC State, Maryland and Virginia. Except the Hokies to be back to back ACC Champs.

Well thats it, I'm sure some disagree but there just blined by team pride.

lol LSU at number 2, Texas beating OU, and Iowa undefeated. :rofl3:

LSU is good but itll take a while to become a national power
Texas might have a shot at OU but AD will rack up 200+ yards again.
Iowa is good, yet the big ten is a tough division

FinFan90 said:
This is the AP Preseason poll. As of now look on Yahoo sports on college football then go to rankings. I posted it here to show all.
AP Top 25 1.USC (62) 2.Auburn (3) 3.Oklahoma 4.Utah 5.Texas 6.Louisville 7.Georgia 8.Iowa 9.California 10.Virginia Tech 11.Miami (FL) 12.Boise State 13.Tennessee 14.Michigan 15.Florida State 16.LSU 17.Wisconsin 18.Texas Tech 19.Arizona State 20.Ohio State 21.Boston College 22.Fresno State 23.Virginia 24.Navy 25.Pittsburgh
That looks more like the final poll from last season rather than a pre-season poll. No poll I,ve seen has Ohio State out of the top 10-12. Got a link to that particular poll

LtDan662002 said:
That looks more like the final poll from last season rather than a pre-season poll. No poll I,ve seen has Ohio State out of the top 10-12. Got a link to that particular poll

It is the AP pre-season poll, its on Yahoo sports.com

FinFan90 said:
It is the AP pre-season poll, its on Yahoo sports.com
from Jan. 9th. crap the bowl season had barely ended, we didn't know who was going pro and who wasn't. They seriously need to update that!

In fact, look at this! This is the same poll but it is the final from last season. Someone screwed up by saying that one you posted was a preseason poll :http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/2004/ap/index.html

Think about it...Utah @ 4 without Alex Smith/ NO WAY! Cal @ 9 without Rodgers/ NO WAY

Back
Top Bottom